Community College of Allegheny County
Work as a Math Cafe team member sharing responsibility for group tutoring, PLATO administration, classroom visits, data collection and day-to-day operations.
Work location and additional information:
This posting is a pool for temporary part-time positions without benefits when available at each campus or two college centers: Allegheny Campus, Boyce Campus, North Campus, South Campus, Homewood-Brushton Center and West Hills Center. Hourly Rate: $15.00
Campus: College Wide
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
20 hours per week per position
Hours and days could vary or change depending on the needs of the program.
Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Math Education, or related field and a minimum of two years of teaching and/or tutoring preferably college level students. Knowledge of PLATO or other diagnostic software package preferred. Effective interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to work with diverse populations and create and maintain positive working relationships. Must possess good organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills and ability to problem solve, act with initiative and maintain accurate confidential records and files.
1. Tutor students seeking 'walk-in' math assistance.
2. Prescribe individual and group learning activities from a variety of approaches and materials including teacher/tutor made printed packages, textbooks, audiovisuals, software and, on-line instructional programs.
3. Maintain contact with key faculty, administrators, student development personnel and related College personnel to discuss and make appropriate recommendations concerning students with math difficulties.
4. Maintain appropriate documentation of student progress using computer-based systems, spreadsheets and databases for accurate project reporting.
5. Assist in the development of Math Café policies and procedures handbook.
6. Participate in meetings, training and professional development as required.
7. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Job Category: Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech
Job Type: Temporary Part-time
Department: Academic Division
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date: 9/14/2015
All applicants must apply online at: http://www.ccacjobs.com. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.