Information Technology Manager (College of Veterinary Medicine)
General Description of Position: The College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking applicants for an Information Technology Manager. This position works as the Lead Network Administrator and Senior Team Leader for IT support services in the College of Veterinary Medicine. Diversity and Inclusion: Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university established the Office of Diversity, led by the associate vice provost for diversity and a dedicated staff. Additionally, each college has a designated Diversity Point Person to provide insight and guidance.
Kansas State University received the prestigious Higher Education Excellence in Diversity, or HEED, award from Insight Into Diversity magazine for the past three years. Multicultural students account for 15 percent of our student population, a university record and continuing trend.Job Description: Network Administrator:
· Administer the Windows network including, but not limited to, installing new hardware, installing and configuring Windows servers, creating deleting user accounts, adding/deleting/modifying NTFS file system rights, backup and recovery of system servers and file system.
· Monitor the windows system and apply updates when needed.
· Assist the help desk personnel when needed.
· Maintain network hardware as needed – work with campus resources to plan and install entry point switches and wireless access.
· Work with main campus to troubleshoot network issues that involve equipment that they manage.
· Provide and/or assist with database administration as needed
· Work with main campus to manage the risk of security exposure or compromise of the CVM information assets.
· Ensure the design, implementation and enforcement of information management and security policies and systems.
· Stay up to date on cyber security information and threats
· Promote and increase the awareness of information security at the CVM
· Work closely with the CVM Security Director to implement strong policies, procedures, and best practices related to information security
Serve as Senior Team Leader:
· Coordinate and Collaborate with all unit teams (help desk, network administration, security, applications development and support, instructional technology, website management, video production, mobile app support).
· Works as a senior team leader to manage projects and priorities.
· Represents CVM IT in meetings and committees as necessary.Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related technical field.
- Five years (5) of related IT work experience
- Master of Science in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum Ten years of network administration and management experience. In-depth knowledge, ability to manage diverse network systems, and experience in Cyber security management and best practices.