Assistant Professor in Anatomy
Faculty Position in Anatomy – California Northstate University College of Medicine, Elk Grove, California, USA
Open until filled
Assistant Professor in Anatomy, Department of Basic Science, California Northstate University College of Medicine, Elk Grove, CA
1.0 FTE, full time, exempt. Salary range: $85,000 - $105,000/yr DOE
- Develop and implement curriculum topics for an integrated medical program for the disciplines of anatomy, embryology and histology, and teaching in Gross anatomy lab.
- Design a progressive format of medical science presentations, framed within the clinical context of the integrated curriculum
- Collaborate with basic and clinical science educators to coordinate the integration, horizontally and vertically, of basic sciences within organ/system-based courses
- Design and implement appropriate laboratory experiences for medical students in an integrated curriculum
- Teach first and second year medical students
- Lead a systems-based course (for example, Musculoskeletal System), as assigned
- Support student remediation planning and activities
- Design/deliver outstanding student experience, attending to all curriculum matters, as well as maintaining a learning environment that promotes mutual respect and professional behavior on the part of faculty, staff and students
- Provide course schedules, syllabi, and information for educational database, and submit student assessment/grades in a timely manner
- Participate in scholarly activities and/or research
- Participate in faculty development programs
- Serve on departmental and institutional committees
- Provide clinical service (negotiable, if applicable)
- Other duties as assigned
- Terminal degree (PhD, MD/PhD, DO, DSc., etc.); Degree in Anatomy preferred
- Experience and documented accomplishments in teaching medical students
- Experience teaching medical students in gross anatomy laboratory
- Documented scholarship in anatomy and/or medical education
- Ability to work effectively in an inter-disciplinary environment
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge about design of adult learning and active learning educational experiences
- Commitment to professional excellence
California Northstate University College of Medicine (CNUCOM) is a new allopathic medical education program approved by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and preliminary accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME). The curriculum uses a horizontally- and vertically-integrated interdisciplinary clinical presentation approach. Clinical presentations (patients’ chief complaints) are the framework within which basic and clinical science knowledge will be built. The integrated curriculum introduces the students to basic and clinical sciences for the first two years. In the third and fourth years, a community-based, clinical training model is being adopted.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. For full consideration, candidates should provide curriculum vitae with at least three references. All candidates are asked to provide a cover letter, articulating how their knowledge, experience, and beliefs have prepared them to function in support of California Northstate University's vision and mission statements.
Please submit your cover letter, curriculum vitae, list of references, and any additional information to the HR Department. Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until positions are filled.
California Northstate is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. For inquiries, please contact us by email or telephone: (916) 686-7400.
Apply for Assistant Professor in Anatomy
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly