Director for Experiential Education
Director for Experiential Education, APPE or IPPE, College of Pharmacy, California Northstate University, Elk Grove, CA
Reports to: Dean, College of Pharmacy
Classification: Full-time, exempt, salary range DOE and ranking, includes director stipend: $100,000 to $120,000/year
Education: Doctorate (PharmD or PhD); Assistant Professor; ASHP-accredited residency preferred
Experience: An enduring track record of effectiveness in clinical pharmacy practice and teaching, and experience in Experiential Education (EE) or equivalent.
The Director of Experiential Education (EE) is a faculty member and full-time employee of the College of Pharmacy. The Director will contribute to the mission and vision of the EE department as well as the missions and visions of the College of Pharmacy and University. This includes demonstrating cultural sensitivity, dedication and compassion; promoting community awareness related to health and wellness; serving the best interests of the College of Pharmacy and University, and community at large.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as Co-Chairs of the Department of EE, with direct collaborative and supervisorial responsibility with EE Hub Coordinators, Assistant Director(s) and EE Coordinators for the APPE or IPPE program, including procuring and maintaining sites and preceptors; preparing and instructing students for rotations, scheduling rotations, and evaluating rotations and sites.
- Collaborate with the Dean and other faculty in Administration, Clinical and Administrative Sciences, Basic Sciences or Student Affairs as designated to further the functions of the EE department.
- Provide leadership necessary to develop and implement effective programs and outcomes for APPE and IPPE rotations.
- Contribute to College of Pharmacy teaching, including, but not limited to, APPE or IPPE precepting, EE department programming and instruction, and didactic or laboratory classroom instruction in area of expertise, and/or as related to EE.
- Provide mentorship to EE department employees, preceptors and students.
- Maintain and direct EE timelines.
- Pursue scholarly activities, service leadership and professional development.
- Maintain a practice license and clinical practice site.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships inside and outside the College and University that support the EE program.
- Participate in accreditation and regulatory processes, assessment, and documentation as appropriate.
- Lead the development of Standard 20 ACPE elements regarding preceptor training, education, Preceptor Advisory Council, newsletter and other programs within the EE department.
- Collaborate with other faculty in areas of IPE and Co-Curricular programing and assessment.
Knowledge, Skill Sets and Experience:
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited institution with residency/fellowship trained or a minimum of 5 years as a pharmacy practitioner at a managerial level.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, E*Value, or other platforms or software sufficient to assist for both presentation and publishing in the EE program.
- Superior communication skills for public speaking, writing and editing. The ability to organize, prioritize, multi-task, delegate or resolve as appropriate.
- Demonstrate ability to work as a team player, as well as capacity to work independently for timely task and assignment completion, or resolution of challenges.
- Possess the ability to lead the EE department with various academic endeavors, including research, data collection and interpretation.
- Demonstrate a positive demeanor and strong people skills when dealing with preceptors, faculty, students, staff in the College of Pharmacy and University, and outside colleagues or leaders.
- Adhere to all legal requirements and privacy guidelines set forth by the College of Pharmacy and University, as well as state and federal law.
- Meet physical requirements; sit, stand, reach, stoop, kneel, lift, or other duties as appropriate. Ability to hear telephone and in-person communication; visual acuity.
Applicants should submit:
- Cover letter of interest that addresses qualifications, experience and career goals.
- Resume of CV.
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least 3 professional references.
Please send application materials to the HR Department by eamil or California Northstate University, 9700 West Taron Drive, Elk Grove, CA 95757. Salary and rank determined by experience and qualifications.
California Northstate University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Active Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Director for Experiential Education
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly