Social Media Content Specialist
Working with the Social Media Specialist for Strategy and the rest of the public relations team, the Social Media Content Specialists will orchestrate the creation of digital content for the university's main social media accounts. The content specialist needs to develop both long-term and day-to-day content strategy.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and manage the social media content strategy for institution level accounts;
- Compose original social media posts and create original content that aligns with social media initiatives;
- Generate and schedule content to institution level social media accounts, blogs, podcasts, etc. that align with social media goals and initiatives;
- Cultivate and manage a monthly social media editorial content calendar;
- Maintain social media analytics for reporting purposes;
- Research new social media trends, platforms, etc.;
- Conduct social media presentations across campus on topics such as social media best practices and industry trends;
- Monitor social conversations and comments on all platforms, responding as necessary;
- Work with crisis management team to draft messages and monitor social channels;
- Monitor and respond to inquiries on social media;
- Work with the team to implement other channel-specific campaigns (e.g. uploading photos to Flickr, videos to YouTube, etc.) ;
- Assist with streamlining social media accounts, ensuring content and tone of voice for pages, posts, ?graphics, and other elements align with KSU's mission;
- Serve as co-lead of university wide social media council; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- 3 – 5 years of experience in content creation and implementation preferred
- Experience managing social media activity
- Ability to execute comprehensive social media plans
- Experience working with Sprout Social or other social media tools
- Experience in analyzing social media performance
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
Expert knowledge in social media platforms and content distribution channels.
Experience in crisis communications and issues management is required.
Working knowledge of videography and photography.Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor's degree in related field and 4 years experience in a Journalism or Public Relations background.
- Experience with Meltwater and/or other social media monitoring tools.