Associate Vice President for Financial Services / Comptroller
Texas A&M-San Antonio is beginning the search for an Associate Vice President for Financial Services (AVPFS)/Comptroller. This individual will be responsible for all aspects of accounting, reporting, student business services, and procurement functions for the campus. Additionally, the AVPFS will have the responsibility for oversight and monitoring of the university's budget in conjunction with the Executive Director of Budget and Payroll, ensuring the performance of the university's annual inventory of accountable and controlled property, developing the Legislative Appropriations Request, and for preparing the university's annual financial report. Reporting to the Vice President for Business Affairs, it is the expectation that the person filling this position will assume responsibilities by September 1 or earlier.
Texas A&M University-San Antonio, established in 2009 as a stand-alone university, is the first upper-division institution of higher education located in the historically underserved South San Antonio. From fall 2009 to fall 2013, enrollment at Texas A&M University-San Antonio has grown 216%, currently serving nearly 5,511 students.
The AVPFS, working with the VPBA is responsible for among other things the following:
- Ensures adequate supervision and control of financial activities related to the above noted activities.
- Responsible for the formulation and oversight of key financial reports.
- Responsible for all financial operations of the campus.
- Interfaces all accounting systems to state and federal systems.
- Monitors expenditures to ensure they are authorized and proper.
- Provides financial information, records, and other required support to auditors, both internal and external. Serves as liaison with the State Comptroller's Office, the State Auditor's Office, the Office of the State Treasurer, and other state and federal organizations.
- Provides fiscal support for all grant programs. Performs other duties as assigned.
The AVPFS will have a strong financial background and management experience. Basic qualifications and attributes for the position include: a Bachelor's degree in accounting or applicable field is required and a Master's degree in business is preferred; 10 years of progressively responsible work experience in high level accounting plus 5 years of relevant management experience, preferably in higher education; and a CPA is required.
Applications and nominations will be received and considered until the position is filled with the goal of completing the search and making an appointment September 2017. Applications must include a letter of interest, resume and five professional references with email addresses and telephone numbers (references will not be contacted without prior authorization from the applicant). Applications and nominations should be sent electronically (MS Word preferred) to: TAMUSAfinance@agbsearch.com.
The search is being assisted by: Oscar C. Page, Ph.D. Senior Consultant AGB Search email@example.com 903-870-8303
Texas A&M-San Antonio is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.