Associate Director of Leadership Gifts, Position #2250
This position is responsible for the identification, discovery, cultivation and solicitation of leadership gifts from Claremont McKenna College alumni, parents and friends. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Advancement, the Associate Director will be responsible for managing a portfolio of individuals who have the capacity to make gifts of $100,000 and above.
• Develop and implement strategies for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, closing and stewarding donor prospects as assigned by the Assistant Vice President.
• Responsible for all direct interactions and communications with assigned prospects. This includes the solicitations of unrestricted annual gifts and major gifts from these prospects.
• Familiarize his or herself with Presidential fundraising priorities and fundraising priorities from other areas of the College, in order to make a knowledgeable and persuasive presentation to donor prospects.
• Working with the Office of Institute Relations, identify and recruit advisory board members for CMC’s eleven Research Institutes and Centers.
• Collaborate with Director of Advancement for Athletics on cultivating and soliciting financial support for athletic priorities.
• Take the lead on special fundraising projects as they arise and are assigned.
• In collaboration with the Office of Stewardship, assist in developing a stewardship plan for endowment gifts raised.
• Expectation of significant travel throughout the United States on a regional basis and possibility of some international travel.
• Expectation of evening and weekend work around College events and activities.
• Other duties related to the position as they arise
Bachelor’s degree required.
Five or more years of successful fundraising experience, including the solicitation of leadership gifts. Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, excellent writing skills and ability to work independently and as a member of a team in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
A valid driver’s license is required
This position will supervise an administrative assistant in conjunction with other associate directors.
HOURS: The regular hours for this position are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Weekend and evening work will at times be expected. Travel will be required. Regular hours may vary due to needs of the College or department. This is a 12 month position.
CLASSIFICATION AND STATUS:
This is an exempt, full-time, benefits-eligible position.