Assistant Director of Multicultural Affairs
Assistant Director of Multicultural Affairs, Student Development – Requisition # 17000000LN
This position is responsible for the development, coordination and promotion of programs, services and initiatives that promote cross cultural understanding and appreciation of diversity at The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. The Assistant Director will also be charged with the daily operations of the Multicultural Center and assisting in the management of various functions, programming and operations that are created and sponsored by the Division of Student Development. This position reporting to the Associate Dean of Students and Director of Multicultural Affairs. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the daily operations of the Multicultural Center
- Developing and implementing programs that promote diversity and inclusion within the UTC community
- Coordinating and managing activities for minority students and student organizations
- Co-supervising graduate assistants and work study students
- Serving as advisor to various student organizations
- Assisting in the development of positive relationships with constituents both on and off campus
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred. Must have 1-3 years of professional full-time experience is required; 1-3 years of professional full-time experience working with college aged individuals and working with diverse populations is preferred. Must be a self-starter; able to work with diverse population; supervisory skills preferred. Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office, Banner, Blackboard, Adobe, website development and student organizational management software is preferred.
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.