Construction Site Supervisor
Penguin Basements Ltd. is a leader in innovation, design and finished basements in the GTA. As we continue to grow we are looking to add a qualified Site Supervisor to our family run organization. You will be required to represent our leading brand in the field while communicating with the office and following directives. We look forward to review all qualified candidates. You are a sharp, intrinsically-motivated, and entrepreneurial construction supervisor who is able to effectively manage a construction project in-field from start to finish. You should be known for a great work ethic and an ability to deliver results.
General Summary of Position:
- Process driven with a focus on maintaining timelines, budgets and customer satisfaction
- The Field Superintendent acts as a liaison between the Client, Project Manager, Trade Partners and Suppliers. He ensures the progress of the project is on schedule, all building and safety codes are followed and that the work performed is according to the signed contract between Client and Penguin Contractors.
- This position requires excellent communication and people skills, a strong knowledge of all aspects of residential construction and a high level of standards. This involves maintaining good, dated notes of all discussions with Clients, Trade Partners, Suppliers and the Project Manager in the event that subsequent problems arise relating to job deficiencies or warranty and past discussions need to be recalled.
Duties and Expectations:
- Supervise & Schedule contractors involved on job site
- Schedule and execute time frame of job, as per contract, including coordination of job schedule with Project Manager
- Input all current job schedules and its progress information onto Penguin's project management software program. Job progress information to be updated on a daily basis
- Communicate on a daily basis on each job schedule to the Clients and Project Manager by updating Gantt Schedule
- Communicate all project changes from original contract to Client and Project Manager by creating work orders for trades only with respective change order
- Conduct all necessary site meetings, inspections and maintain project goals for site lead hands on the job
- Creative mindset with the solution based approach to site issues
- You may be required to help the on-site at any carpentry level, or you may be required to take on actual projects (usually smaller ones) due to manpower or work shortages. This will enable you to maintain your personal skills.
- Responsible for the removal of excess material and the ongoing maintenance of a safe and clean job-site.
- Minimum 5 years' experience at the Site Supervisor level with a record of success
- Appropriate post-secondary education in construction management or engineering, and Gold Seal certification
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability to apply Ontario Health and Safety regulations
- Thorough attention to detail; able to perform in a high pressure environment with high accuracy
- Professional in all that you do
- Strong leadership and negotiation abilities
- Financial acumen with the ability to manage costs and adhere to documentation requirements
- Desire for constant learning, improvement and problem solving
Penguin Basements is a full-service Basement Renovation Company. Although our specialty is Basement Renovations, we also have the know-how and skill to handle all your waterproofing needs, as well as cut outs for egress windows. (Concrete cuts to fit legal size windows) You'll find hundreds of satisfied customers all across Southern Ontario. Transforming damp, musty and wet basements into comfortable, dry, living spaces is what we do best. But what's even better, we do it through a cost-effective, patented solution that works for your home or business and within your budget. Our experienced, trained professionals make it easy for Penguin Basements to stand behind every job with a Certified Lifetime Transferable Warranty.
Sun, 30 Apr 2017 16:56:00 PDT