Coordinator of Greek Life and Orientation
Alma College Student Life Office seeks an energetic professional to lead in the continuing development of a vibrant Greek community, encompassing the activities of 11 chapters, and coordinating an effective orientation process that guides new students towards success.
Position Summary—The Coordinator of Greek Life and Orientation promotes growth and development of Greek organizations, with emphasis on academic achievement, leadership, service, and personal wellness. The Coordinator of Greek Life and Orientation will also collaborate with other campus entities to ensure a successful orientation for new students.
Supervision Received/Supervision Exercised—The Coordinator of Greek Life and Orientation reports directly to the Director of Campus Life and indirectly to the Vice President for Student Life.
The Coordinator of Greek Life and Orientation will supervise the Administrators in Residence (AIRs) that live-in the larger fraternity houses and Wright Avenue Apartments.
Greek Advisor Responsibilities
- Serve as the Interfraternity Council (IFC) and Panhellenic Council Advisor. Attend weekly meetings.
- Work with the Director of Campus Life to facilitate Greek conduct.
- Serve as the primary hearing agent for Greek conduct
- Oversee Greek Escrow system and budgets
- Facilitate the use of an all-Greek programming budget
- Serve as a liaison between the Greek organizations and administration and faculty
- Help facilitate Greek recruitment efforts
- Update, maintain, and provide the Greek Manual to the Greek Community
- Evaluate and implement risk management protocols
- Conduct fire and safety inspections of Greek housing once a month with Campus Safety
- Work with the Director of Campus Life and South Complex Coordinator to provide risk management training for all of the small housing units
- Help implement the Alma College Greek Strategic Plan
- Work in conjunction with the IFC and Panhellenic Council executive officers
- Meet bi-weekly Chapter Presidents to ensure that chapters are successful and are following appropriate risk management guidelines
- Meet weekly with the IFC and Panhellenic Council Presidents
- Attend the weekly “Weekend Programming Meeting”
- Coordinate Title IX training for all Greek chapters and small housing
- Coordinate and implement anti-hazing training during “National Hazing Prevention Week” and for all new members during the winter semester
- Coordinate semester retreats for IFC and Panhellenic Council executive officers
- Coordinate officer transition program
- When applicable, take IFC and Panhellenic Council executive officers to NPC and NIC Academy
- Communicate with AIRs regularly
- Coordinate at least two orientation events sponsored by Greek Life
- Conduct semester evaluations of AIRs
- Coordinate AIR training
- Responsible for necessary procedures required to implement events planned, including but not limited to: maintenance of events calendar and college database, space reservations and requisitions, budget preparation and processing, publicity approval, collection of monies, and ticket distribution
- Work closely with faculty, staff, and student leaders in planning events
Advisor Training and Support
- Provide support for fraternity and sorority chapter advisors
- Conduct yearly training for advisors
- Routine check-ins and follow up conversations with chapter and national advisors
- Primary responsibility for planning, coordinating, and implementing Orientation Week, and Welcome Back Weekend in conjunction with appropriate campus offices, and student organizations
- Work with Enrollment and Student Life to coordinate, plan, and implement Becoming A Scot Days beginning Summer 2018
- Leading and developing a comprehensive orientation program that supports student success and retention.
- Help facilitate the First Year Guide Program
- Supervise the Senior First Year Guides
- Responsible for all administrative tasks related to the First Year Guide Program
- Help plan, coordinate, and execute training for the Resident Assistants and First Year Guides
- Collaborate with Campus Safety, Dining Services, Public Relations, ITS, and other personnel of the college for event implementation
- Represent the Student Life Office at various college events
- Serve on committees as appointed by appropriate campus officials or entities
- Other duties as assigned
Weekly Schedule—This position includes night and occasional weekend hours. During the regular academic year a typical work week would be Monday – Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. and Wednesday evenings 7:30 p.m.-10:00 p.m. Times and demands will vary during the summer and during orientation.
Required Qualifications—Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and two years of orientation, student activities, Greek life, or related experience required.
Preferred Qualifications-Masters Degree in a related field.
Interested candidates should submit an Alma College application and a cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references with e-mail addresses and telephone numbers to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin May 15, 2017 and continue until the position is filled. Incomplete application files will not be considered.
For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897- employment-application.
The Coordinator of Greek Life and Orientation position has an anticipated start date of August 1, 2017.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Apply for Coordinator of Greek Life and Orientation
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly