Adjunct Faculty: English
Category: Adjunct Faculty
Department: English Department
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: May 02, '17
Type: Adjunct Faculty
Ref No.: ADJ
About Bunker Hill Community College:
BHCC is nationally recognized as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream and is one of four colleges awarded the National Gates Foundation Achieving the Dream Catalyst grant. The College, ranked among the 25 fastest growing public two-year colleges in the United States, is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, MA, in nearby Chelsea, MA, and at three satellite locations within the Greater Boston area. BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. The College offers more than 100 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Sixty-seven percent of students are people of color and more than fifty percent are women.
- Teach English Writing or Literature courses in the English Department.
- Courses may be offered at any of the BHCC campuses.
- Master's degree in Composition/Rhetoric, English, Literacy or Writing required. Master's degree or Doctorate in an interdisciplinary field with core coursework in English, Composition/Rhetoric, Literacy or Writing will be considered if graduate transcript(s) are submitted with application; Ph.D. preferred
- Experience with Learning Communities or openness to engaging in the teaching of Learning Communities
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
- Community college teaching experience preferred
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE INVITED TO ATTEND THE ADJUNCT ACADEMY PRIOR TO BEING ASSIGNED COURSES.
Salary: $1,066.00 per credit hour
Effective Date: Fall semester 2017; open until filled
Submit a Cover Letter Addressing the Required Qualifications, Resume and Contact Information for 3 References through the URL and please make sure you fill out the online application to: www.bhcc.mass.edu/employment.
Fax transcript files over 2MB's to (617)-228-3328