Administrative Specialist - Economics & Business
Reporting to the Chair of the Economics and Business at The City College of New York, the Administrative Specialist will perform these duties in addition to those in the Title Overview:
- Provide administrative support by managing departmental recruitment activities including records retention, scheduling CCNY recruitment visits, reimbursements of candidates, and assisting the Chair with the search documentation and on-boarding of instructors and faculty.
- Maintain the department budget and the coordination of scholarships; provide Chair with budget reports and maintain ongoing records of disbursements and requests for procurement.
- Oversee department operations including all department events, awards ceremonies, lectures, and regular research seminars.
- Assist the Chair in scheduling classes and delivering department communications in Economics and Business Department.
- Provide instructions and basic advice to current students and help with alumni outreach initiatives.
- Ensure department compliance with certification and other mandates.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides administrative and program support to an administrative or academic department.
- Oversees department operations and assists management in planning department activities, creating schedules, assigning staff and preparing and delivering department communications.
- Works with appropriate offices related to personnel recruitment, expediting search activities
- Research coordinates and organizes materials for key events such as promotion and tenure reviews.
- Supervises and trains support staff and student workers.
- Manages budget and coordinates purchasing, accounting, and payroll.
- Provides instructions and basic advice to students, faculty, and others seeking information on department activities, policies, and schedules.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More search options"
- Search by Job Opening ID number
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
Open until filled. Resume review to begin 3/15/17.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: City College of New York
Job Title: Administrative Specialist - Economics & Business
Job ID: 16434
Full/Part Time: Full-Time