Online Learning Specialist (IT Academic Technology Specialist) - Educational Technology
Reporting to the Director of Educational Technology, the successful candidate will manage and support the planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of online learning projects in related initiatives at the College.
In addition to the above duties, the candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Organizes, develops and manages the implementation of online learning and technology initiatives and PD for faculty.
- In collaboration with the EdTech team and Leadership Council, enhances or develops guidelines, policies, and support materials for online learning at Hostos Community College.
- Monitors and evaluates the development and delivery of online courses and resources for faculty and students.
- Implements and supports projects geared to enhancing online teaching to include lecture capture, online readiness tools and e-Portfolios.
- Develops and facilitates training courses in emerging educational technologies.
- Keeps up to date with technological developments as they impact the integration of technology in instruction.
- Explores external funding opportunities with the Grants Office related to online learning and instructional technology.
- Supports the overall work and day-to-day activities of the office.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Bachelor or higher degree in Instructional Technology, Computer Sciences or related field
- Extensive experience with technologies and learning management systems such as Blackboard, ePortfolios, Podcasting, Online Support systems, and Mobile Applications
- Strong understanding of applications development and content management systems
- Effective training methods and techniques
- Knowledge of current trends in educational technology
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills to facilitate faculty workshops, tutorials and administrators
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports and consults with faculty, students, and others in the use of instructional systems, software, and programs.
- Provides day-to-day support for users of instructional systems
- May supervise a College help desk related to academic technology, supervising and training staff
- Designs, develops, and delivers training and orientation sessions on the use of instructional technologies
- May serve as an administrator and/or account coordinator for one or more systems
- Assists in demonstrating the practical application of computers and communications technology for classes and workshops for faculty or students
- May track problem reports, troubleshoot reported issues, and document resolutions
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: IT Academic Technology Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$51,195 - $57,616; commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by visiting the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: "Employment" and "Search Job Postings."
Please attach resume, cover letter, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references.
Open until filled - Reopened
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Hostos Community College
Job Title: Online Learning Specialist (IT Academic Technology Specialist) - Educational Technology
Job ID: 15267
Full/Part Time: Full-Time