Student Athletics Program Coordinator - Student Success
Reporting to the Student Athletics Manager, the Student Athletics Program Coordinator will assist with equipment purchasing activities as well as monitoring financial processes and procedures. The Student Athletics Program Coordinator will assist with the competitive intercollegiate athletics program; coordinate a robust, proactive program of intramural sports, club sports, and student recreation activities that address the wellness and life skills development of the student body as a whole.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Student Athletics Manager to support departmental planning and operations.
- Assist in the oversight of purchasing team equipment, uniforms, travel and supplies.
- Provide the Student Athletics Manager with frequent updates and assessment of new and ongoing financial issues.
- Assist in the creation of annual budgets for Intercollegiate Athletics, Intramurals, Recreation, Aquatics and fitness programming initiatives.
- Serve as one of the liaisons with the department with the BCC Association, the BCC Auxiliary Services Corporation, and the BCC Business Office.
- Coordinate all team meal money expenses and team receipt reconciliations.
- Organize and coordinate paperwork regarding purchase orders for the department along with associated invoices.
- Assist with program evaluation efforts to increase and improve services.
- Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on all NJCAA rules and changes to legislation by representing BCC at NJCAA mandated events, including NJCAA Regional Rules Seminar.
- Promote a positive image of the intercollegiate athletics program and the College by participating in Departmental, Divisional and Institutional assignments and college-wide committees.
- Implement part-time staff and coaching staff HR procedures and process payroll and attendance time sheets. Additionally, maintain payroll and time for federal work study students.
A flexible schedule is expected to include working some nights and weekends, as necessary.
Bachelor's degree required. Two years of full-time relevant experience as an athletics administrator, assistant coach, team manager/assistant, or intercollegiate competitor including coaching experience at the college or university level preferred. Other qualifications include demonstrated ability in and a strong commitment to educational values, impressive interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively with diverse groups and individuals, understanding of the philosophy on which Division III athletics is based and commitment to the institutional goals of Bronx Community College. A driver's license is preferred. A strong customer service orientation, leadership skills and attention to details are essential, along with excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication, presentation and networking skills.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports the administration of College athletic programs.
- Assists with compliance programs activities required by the CUNYAC (CUNY Athletic Conference) and external bodies
- Serves student-athletes through providing advising services and enrichment programs
- Organizes student-athlete communications and activities, and other department work such as calendars, materials, reports, handbooks, and compliance manuals
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$39,282 - $71,268; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: Select "Employment", then select "Search Job Postings" and find JOB ID #16633. Please attach resume and cover letter. References on request. Please do not include any other documentation.
For general assistance with your CUNYfirst application, please go to http://www.cuny.edu/employment/jobsysteminstructions.html for information.
May 31, 2017 with review of resumes to begin May 16.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Bronx Community College
Job Title: Student Athletics Program Coordinator - Student Success
Job ID: 16633
Full/Part Time: Full-Time