Assistant Principal Custodial Supervisor (Provisional)
Under general supervision, performs work of a highly difficult and responsible nature in the supervision of the cleaning and maintaining of college buildings and their immediate ground; performs related work.
- Is responsible for the custodial work at a college entailing supervision of a large group of subordinate employees; oversees senior custodial foremen, custodial foremen, cleaners, laborers, elevator operators, watchmen and other comparable employees engaged in cleaning and maintaining college buildings, involving such tasks as sweeping, dusting, machine scrubbing, mopping, polishing, gathering and disposing of refuse, operating a heating plant, care of landscaped areas and providing elevator service.
- Inspect buildings to note general condition and necessity for repairs.
- Inspects work of subordinates to insure maximum efficiency, economy and quality of work.
- Requisitions, stores and issues supplies.
- Trains or arranges for training of new employees.
- Prepares work schedules.
- Maintains records and prepares required reports.
- Responsible for receiving and removing equipment.
Custodial Supv-Assistant Principal
- Graduation from a senior high school and six (6) years of experience in the cleaning and maintaining of a large building, two (2) years of which shall have been in a supervisory capacity; OR
- A satisfactory equivalent.
New Hire: $38,497
This amount reflects a 13% salary suppression in effect for the first 24 months of employment only.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Lehman College
Job Title: Assistant Principal Custodial Supervisor (Provisional)
Job ID: 16708
Full/Part Time: Full-Time