SENIOR ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, STEWARDSHIP
Duties: The Senior Associate Director of Stewardship plans and manages a School-wide, best practices stewardship program on behalf of Wharton External Affairs to thank and engage current and future donors. The Senior Associate Director oversees all areas of stewardship, including acknowledgments, reports, and senior leadership correspondence to enhance donor relations via a range of channels. This individual will also contribute to donor recognition plaques and signage, press releases, events, and other creative touchpoints. He or she will partner with colleagues throughout the Wharton School and the University of Pennsylvania to create a meaningful and multidimensional donor experience.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Manage acknowledgment and other letter processes, including condolences, congratulatory notes, meeting and event follow-up, and other messaging to position senior leadership in engaging donors
- Manage stewardship reporting process for endowed and term scholarships, MBA and PhD fellowships, professorships, student and faculty awards, and other funds, ensuring donors receive timely, personalized, accurate, and compelling reports that capture the impact of their generosity
- Assist with the development and implementation of stewardship and donor relations policies, procedures, and strategies
- Contribute to special projects, including donor recognition plaques and signage, press releases announcing major gifts, events, personalized gifts, and other creative touchpoints
- Manage a team of three staff writers
Qualifications: A bachelor's degree and 5-7 years of relevant experience in higher education or another nonprofit development environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent written and verbal communications skills and outstanding detail orientation required. Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines and to track activities. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with senior-level executives and administrators. Candidate must possess a high degree of competency in interacting with staff and alumni and donors. Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as a member and manager of a team.
Reference Number: 07-25752
Salary Grade: 028
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: External Affairs
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: B-Executive/Managerial Administration