CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER, DUMAC
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER, DUMAC
DUMAC is a professionally staffed investment organization controlled by the Duke University Board of Trustees. DUMAC manages investment assets of Duke University, The Employees' Retirement plan of Duke University, Duke University Health System, and The Duke Endowment (a separately controlled private foundation that by terms of its indenture provides significant support to Duke University). Assets managed total over $16 billion with about 25% managed directly by DUMAC staff and 75% managed by external firms selected by DUMAC. Investment exposures include public security asset classes (Global Equity, Hedged Strategies, Commodities, Fixed Income, Opportunistic, Cash) and private investment asset classes (Venture Capital, Buyout, Credit, Real Estate, and Natural Resources.) These exposures are obtained through externally managed commingled funds, externally managed separate accounts, and internally managed accounts. Externally managed separate accounts are mostly managed through a platform that includes multiple prime brokerage and ISDA arrangements and a platform administrator. Internally managed account activities include trading in public securities and derivatives as well as co-investment and direct investment in companies/assets that are not publicly traded.
This recruitment is being led by the following search firm. If you are interested in applying, in addition to your online application, please submit your cover letter and resume to the following:
280 Park Ave, 5th floor| New York, NY 10017
O: +1 (212) 986-4662
The COO is responsible for all DUMAC activity other than investment decision making activities. This includes:
- Budget, space,systems, technology, control structure
- Transaction structure, liquidity management, exposure reporting
- Performance, risk, exposure
- DUMAC and investment related portion of audits conducted for entities whose assets are managed
- University relations Direct reports include Head of Operations, Controller, Director of Legal Affairs, and Risk Investment Manager
- Significant relevant management experience including operations, personnel, budget, and technology oversight
- Unquestionable integrity
- Strong leadership and judgement skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Control orientation
- Detail orientation coupled with big picture focus
- Working knowledge of a broad range of investment types and related front and back office functions
- Exposure to accounting, audit, and tax considerations relevant to non-profit organizations' investment activities
- Exposure to legal and compliance issues relevant to investment management
- Bachelor's degree plus MBA, CFA or CPA
CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR
1663 EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT & COO, DUMAC
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.