Senior Administrative Assistant to the Chair
Working Title: Senior Administrative Assistant to the Chair
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Anesthesiology
Posting Date: 05-02-2017
The Department of Anesthesiology seeks a Senior Administrative Assistant to provide advanced clerical administrative support for the Department. The incumbent is responsible for providing a high level of efficient, accurate, and confidential administrative services to the department Chairman, departmental faculty, etc. on a daily, as needed basis. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, scheduling meetings, telephone reception, assisting with creating PowerPoint presentations, preparing meeting agendas, and non-clinical transcription. This position also assists other staff in the department during absences and during times of increased volume.
A High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of four years of administrative experience is required. A Bachelor's degree may substitute for years of experience. The candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills; proficiency in MS Office (including Word, Excel, and Outlook); outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills; the ability to work accurately with attention to detail; the ability to maintain confidentiality and to manage a heavy workload with diverse responsibilities while meeting rigid deadlines. Working knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills in daily interactions.
3. Ability to interact tactfully and professionally with a wide variety of people, both within the University and beyond, including many international collaborators.
4. Ability to take the lead on special projects, and complete with minimal supervision.
5. Ability to act and prioritize tasks independently and in a timely manner.
6. Ability to have independent decision-making skills by gathering information, and determining appropriate actions and responses.
7. Excellent keyboarding and grammatical skills, and attention to detail.
8. Ability to be flexible in managing a heavy workload with diverse responsibilities while meeting rigid deadlines.
9. Ability to manage multiple tasks at once in a fast-paced environment.
10. Knowledge of policies, procedures, and operational efficiency.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81798