Position Number: 53000945
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Gainesville
Job Close Date: 05/20/2017
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Staff Assistant in the Registrar's Office. This position provides courteous telephone, in-person, and electronic customer services to all individuals, including students, staff and faculty. This position also processes various Registrar's Office forms including, registration, add/drop, and withdrawals forms. This position assists with other duties as assigned.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Staff Assistant will:
- In accordance with FERPA guidelines, UNG, and University System of Georgia policies and procedures, provide courteous telephone, in-person, and electronic customer services to current and former students, faculty, staff, and other individuals.
- Assist with processing registration, add/drop, withdrawal, immunization and plan of study forms.
- Monitor and communicate orders for office supplies.
- Assist with other duties as assigned, including but not limited to, providing support in other functional areas as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Significant experience with data entry strongly preferred
- Must possess attention to detail to ensure accuracy
- Requires knowledge of standard office equipment and software
- Must have strong organizational and customer service skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task, manage workload, and effectively prioritize assignments
- Willingness to be a team member and be flexible to help in different areas when needed
- Knowledge of Ellucian's Banner system is preferred
- General understanding of the college processes a plus
- Willingness to participate in professional development seminars and training
- Ability to cross-train with other staff on their job duties when necessary
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma; Associate's degree preferred
- Three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.