Welding Inspector / NDT Quality Assurance Technician
Seeking a responsible, motivated and enthusiastic individual with aspirations to take a lead position within the company. We currently have an opening for a Welding Inspector/NDT Quality Assurance Technician Level II or III.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
-Perform/witness Non Destructive Testing (NDT: MT, PT)
-Perform welding inspections through the use of precise measuring equipment and visual techniques
-Prepare testing reports and check for accuracy
-Stay current on quality related training and certifications for NDT and AWS
- Prior experience with welding inspection, Non Destructive Testing (NDT), machine and heavy equipment inspection
- NDT Certified Level II or III in Magnetic Particle Testing (MT) and Penetration Testing (PT)
- AWS Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)
- Comfortable reviewing technical documents and writing detailed technical reports on findings (proficient in email, MS Word, Excel, AutoCAD is a plus)
- Experience in reading blueprints and assembly drawings
We are a consulting engineering firm that provides innovative structural solutions for complex construction projects in New York City and the surrounding metro area. We are a leading professional service provider in the engineering industry. Built on a profit sharing and progressive philosophy, our firm has created a tight-knit team and synergistic work environment.
Additionally - design, testing/inspection, and expediting services are provided for cranes, rigging, pile driving, suspended and built-up scaffold hoist & anchorage systems, equipment prototyping, logistics plans, builders pavement plans, support of excavation, as well as miscellaneous construction equipment.
Agency and authority coordination includes NYC Dept. of Buildings, NYC Dept. of Transportation, NYC Transit Authority, Port Authority of NY/NJ, Metro North Railroad, Long Island Railroad, School Construction Authority, Dept. of Environmental Protection, FDNY, Dept. of Design & Construction, Village of Great Neck, and more.
Long Island City, NY
Tue, 25 Apr 2017 18:00:03 PDT