Associate Dean for Data Analysis & Operations
Requisition # 2017-7434
Department Dean of the Faculty
Category Information Technology
Date Posted 5/2/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline ..
Princeton University seeks a highly knowledgeable and skilled individual to serve as Associate Dean for Data Analysis and Operations in the Office of the Dean of the Faculty (DOF).
The DOF has administrative oversight of academic departments and programs and all matters pertaining to the effectiveness and well-being of the faculty and the professional researchers, specialists and librarians. In this leadership role, the Associate Dean reports directly to the Dean of the Faculty, serves as a key member of the senior staff, and manages three staff members.
The Associate Dean for Data Analysis and Operations supports the DOF by understanding and integrating its key business processes, organizing and reporting data that support these processes, and providing the Dean and fellow staff members with reports and analyses for institutional planning. The incumbent will identify and implement best practices and innovative methods of data management and analysis to enhance the overall effectiveness and productivity of the office.
This individual represents the DOF on various University committees, projects and initiatives, and communicates regularly with senior administrators, and department chairs and managers. In close collaboration with Princeton's Office of Human Resources (HR) and Office of Information Technology (OIT), the incumbent ensures that DOF requirements are fully represented throughout the University's systems.
The specific responsibilities of the Associate Dean for Data Analysis and Operations include:
- Communicating data analyses and reports to the Dean, DOF senior staff, University officers, and departments
- Proactively identifying data trends, data quality issues and recommendations for improvement
- Curating DOF data, ensuring its integrity, security, accessibility and appropriate "shelf life"
- Participating in the development of policies related to data management and security
- Collaborating with senior leadership and OIT to develop and maintain accurate, meaningful dashboards using key metrics and benchmarks
- Recommending and implementing an overall data management and web application strategy
- Documenting and revising workflows and data flows to improve the efficiency of key business processes
- Providing functional input to HR and OIT in support of the systems used by DOF
- Insuring the accuracy and timeliness of revisions to and communications of DOF policies and procedures
- Master's degree or higher
- Five or more years of experience working with quantitative data in a university or other academic context.
- Advanced knowledge of data warehouse environments.
- Strong background in the principles of research methods and data analysis.
- Ability to perform analyses on complex and disparate data sets.
- Experience in developing and using reporting and analysis tools to present data to a variety of audiences.
- Strong communication skills
- Project and general management experience.
- Fluency with PeopleSoft or similar enterprise systems, as well as data reporting tools such as Tableau and IBM Cognos.
- Well developed Excel and Access skills; fluency with statistical software packages (SPSS, Stata, or R); experience with document management applications and systems such as OnBase.
- Ability to analyze user requirements, procedures and problems to automate or improve existing processes
Please submit a cover letter as well as a resume.
The final candidate will be required to complete a background check successfully.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.