Instructor- Digital Design
University of Colorado - College of Arts and Media
Instructor- Digital Design
The Visual Arts Department in the College of Arts & Media at the University of Colorado Denver (UCD) seeks a full-time Instructor in Digital Design This position, with a starting date of August 2017, will have a teaching load of eight courses per academic year.
The College of Arts & Media, located on the Downtown Denver campus, offers B.F.A. and B.A. degrees in Studio Arts, Art History, Film and Television and B.S. and M.S. degrees in Music with studies in the rapidly growing field of audio forensics.
Visual Arts majors select programs in Art History, Drawing, Illustration, Painting, Photography, Sculpture, Digital Design and Digital Animation.
The University of Colorado Denver is comprised of the recently consolidated Denver Campus and the Anschutz Medical Campus. The consolidated university confers more graduate degrees each year than any other higher education institution in Colorado, offers over 130 degree programs in 13 schools and colleges, and brings in nearly $400 million annually in sponsored research.
The Denver Campus is located downtown next to a vibrant commercial and cultural district, three major professional sports venues, the Denver Convention Center, and city and state government offices. The Denver Campus alone has an enrollment of over 15,000 learners, and has a highly diverse student population.
- 5 years professional design experience with achieved successes demonstrating comparable knowledge and skills to a professional degree earned
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Expertise in two or more of the following: UX, UI, Interaction Design, branding, or 3D motion design
- Expertise in Design Research and Process
- Knowledge of marketing, branding and dissemination
- Knowledge of conceptual and design-based principles as applied to professional; practice and experimental design
- Working knowledge of design applications
- An ability to teach and work with a diverse student body.
- 2-4 years teaching experience
- 6 - 7 years professional experience
- Master's or PhD degree in a related field
- Scholarly or creative research focused on any of the following: UI and UX Design, Branding, Graphic Design, Typography, Professional Practices, Design History, Environmental Design, Social Design and Activism, or IoT (Internet of Things)
- Advanced professional experience in UX and UI Design
- Knowledge in human-centered information, behavioral, ethnographic, experience or interactive design
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:POSITION: Full-Time Instructor, 8 courses A/Y Load STARTING DATE: Fall 2017 Required Application Materials: 1. Letter of application 2. Complete and Current curriculum vita 3. Names, phone numbers and email addresses of three professional references 4. Electronic Portfolio of Design work, including web site addresses if applicable
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30120 - CAM-Visual Arts
Posting Date: May 2, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Brian DeLevie
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00350880