Mechanical Project Engineer - Shasta Lake, CA
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Designs, develops, and tests all aspects of mechanical components, equipment, and machinery. Applies knowledge of engineering principles to design products. Involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and/or repair of mechanical equipment. Provides technical support to plant staff and contractors. Reviews plans and other technical documents, determines scope and/or timing of the project, and monitors costs and project progress. May develop cost estimates or tentative schedules.
In terms of location, Shasta Lake is a beautiful town just ten miles north of Redding, CA and 170 miles (2.5 hours) north of Sacramento. Shasta Lake is popular for boating, swimming, water skiing, camping and house boating and fishing. The city has many park facilities for almost any type of event, and there are numerous trails and recreation opportunities. Shasta Lake has a great small-town vibe and boasts many community events year-round. There's very little traffic, it's clean and it's a rather affordable town in which to live.
Our Shasta Lake facility is a highly efficient, 500,000 sq. ft., state-of-the-art, automated fiberglass manufacturing facility located on 100 acres in Shasta County. Established in 2002, this Plant produces batt, roll, and loose-fill fiberglass insulation that contains no dyes and is made with 65% post-consumer recycled glass. In 2009 we fully converted to Ecose®, our revolutionary technology that replaced the phenol formaldehydes with a sustainable, low-emitting binder based on corn sugars. Our EcoBatt products are certified by UL Environment for indoor air quality as low emitting products and have achieved the more stringent GREENGUARD Gold certification.
• Initiate, design, and manage improvement projects (e.g., new equipment installation and equipment modifications) to reduce scrap and improve quality, reliability, and throughput as directed
• Work with plant personnel, vendors and contractors to implement projects on time and within budget guidelines
• Support Operations group to accomplish clean-outs, preventive maintenance downtimes and machine rebuilds in a timely fashion
• Assist Maintenance in troubleshooting equipment that requires additional technical knowledge or expertise
• Maintain plant drawing system by making appropriate updates to drawings and documentation on equipment
• Support other plants with Mechanical Engineering projects and rebuilds as needed
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology or related field
• Minimum 5 (five) years' Engineering experience in an Industrial Manufacturing environment
• Experience with compressed air, hydraulics, pneumatics, power transmission, pump systems, conveying systems and other rotating equipment (such as gearboxes, pumps, bearings, conveyors, etc.) preferred, as well as structural steel
• Experience with SolidWorks, Inventor or AutoCAD required
• Project Management experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Technical knowledge of mechanical equipment and machinery required
• Project management skills
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to analyze information/data and make decisions that will positively impact the plant
• Ability to think creatively when resolving issues
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
• Ability to work collaboratively with the Union
• Ability to work additional hours as needed, especially during plant clean-out every 12 weeks
• Skilled in the use of design software, preferably AutoCAD
• Ability to establish and maintain relationships with vendors and contractors
• Ability to communicate effectively within the department and throughout the plant and the organization
• Ability to analyze and problem solve
• Ability to work in a hands-on environment
• Computer skills in a MS Windows Environment; proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Knauf Insulation North America is the world's fastest-growing insulation manufacturer in the world. We remain committed to conservation of the environment and the sustainable development and manufacture of our comprehensive line of insulation products using post-consumer recycled materials. We manufacture thermal and acoustical fiber glass insulation for residential, commercial, industrial, marine, original equipment manufacturer and metal building applications. With manufacturing operations in Europe, Russia, UK & the U.S. annual sales revenue exceeds $1.5B. We employ over 1,600 people across the U.S. at our Shelbyville, IN headquarters and manufacturing facilities, and at our plants in Shelbyville, IN, Lanett, AL, Shasta Lake, CA, Inwood, WV and Albion, MI. We welcome passionate & creative individuals who thrive in an entrepreneurial, collaborative and ever-changing environment.
Silvercote, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Knauf Insulation, manufactures high quality laminated insulation for steel and wood frame buildings. Silvercote offers several high R-value insulation systems for commercial construction applications. Silvercote also produces high quality retail products, such as water heater jackets, pipe wrap and duct wrap for today's energy conscious consumers.
With headquarters in Greenville, SC, Silvercote is growing and looking for talented people, who want to think freely and develop their skills and experience. Working at Silvercote is an opportunity unlike any other you've had. You'll be challenged, inspired and proud to be a part of our team. Silvercote's working environment thrives on the initiative of its people and it works!
Lake Shasta, CA
Sat, 29 Apr 2017 12:09:41 PDT