Parking and Transportation provides parking to the campus community through the management and maintenance of parking facilities and provides safe transportation to the same from far parking lots to campus. This position exists to support these operations and projects using multiple programs for daily processes, duties, data entry, customer service and communications. To achieve the unit's goals, functions of this position may include: data entry support, parking inventory, front desk operations, PTAB recorder, collaboration with campus constituents and outside vendors, organizing and coordinating department Official Functions, website edits.
- Provide administrative support for the Parking and Transportation team. This position will work mostly within established guidelines and procedures to complete duties.
- Using various department and campus software programs and Microsoft Office Suite, provide data entry support to compile campus fuel bills for fuel vendors, ready the invoice for payment. Prepare financial reports and transactions using PeopleSoft FIN to generate detail and summary reports for distribution and reconciliation. Using established software and state and federal guidelines, verify Commercial Motor Vehicle record files.
- Issue and track special parking permits. Special permits include Loading, Vendor and VIP permits. Following established guidelines log spreadsheet and enter into the parking program the permit information. For Working-Retiree VIP permits invoice and track payments.
- Using established guidelines, assist with inventory of parking permits. Inventory received annual permits; oversee safety of such and document distribution or each type of permit and sequential numbers.
- Using CU system FIN software and procedures, process with Journal Entries, as needed. Gain access to FIN to enter journal entries for day's business, transportation charges, motorpool charges.
- Be occasional backup support for front desk operations to include processing citations and parking permits. Through formal training, be able to assist and provide customer service at the front desk in taking payment for permits, citations and miscellaneous revenues. Learn parking program to accurately input information into database.
- Serve as recorder for Parking & Transportation Advisory Board (PTAB). Attend in-person citation appeal meetings, recording and distributing citation information to each board member, tally votes, send appeal decisions to appellants, record information into parking program.
- Attend to customer service skills by answering questions (in person, email and by phone), directing visitors to campus designations, and redirecting calls as appropriate.
- Through training and departmental interactions, employee must become familiar with campus buildings, roads and parking lots to assist with parking, transportation and citation questions and direct visitors on campus and use resources to find answers to customer concerns and inquiries. Customers include interdepartmental, intradepartmental, outside vendors and state and community constituents.
- Organize and coordinate projects and events
- Official Functions. Working with event services to schedule; employee will organize, coordinate and schedule venues and catering needs for department meetings and events
- Work Orders. Using the campus work order system enter, query and track parking lot and building work requests and notify appropriate personnel of progress and completion.
- Marketing Efforts. Under supervision of Director, assist with updates and edits of department website (text, pictures, links).
Training Schedule. Assist Parking Managers in coordinating the campus vehicle-training schedule.
- Proven skills to organize and prioritize work, provide exceptional customer service, and excellent communication skills (in person, listening and writing communications).
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn department software programs.
- Skill to multi-task multiple projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high stress environment
- Ability to work independently
For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be non-exempt from (eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
Salary Range: $33,000 - $38,000
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Two years of general clerical experience
- College or university coursework, appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute for the experience on a year-for-year basis
- Experience working in a university environment
- Experience working in a parking and/or transportation services department
- Cash handling experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
- Proven proficiency working with Microsoft Office Suite (advanced in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publishing skills)
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications submitted by May 16, 2014 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40094 - VCAF-Parking Operations
Posting Date: May 2, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Renee Cinkosky
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00732917