Adjunct Assistant Professor - Web Development and Digital Media
Teach evening face-to-face or online or hybrid section(s) Web Scripting PHP and MySQL (WEB 128) and/or AJAX (WEB 230) courses for fall, 2017. Adjunct responsibilities include preparing and/or managing course materials and instruction; following provided course outlines and assessing objectives; performing certain administrative tasks such as submitting course grades, syllabi, and attendance; occasionally participating in professional development activities, and meeting with students before or after class as needed.
The Adjunct Assistant Professor facilitates meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively supports all facets of the learning environment. S/He provides education through learning-centered instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill the evolving needs of the marketplace. S/He encourages a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning and ethics. This position is part time/adjunct only.
General Position Responsibilities:
Must be proficient in the following languages and skills:
- HTML5 / CSS3
- Relational database theory, MySQL, and SQL
- PHP and PHP Frameworks
- Demonstrated success teaching in classroom setting
- A positive attitude
Specific Position Responsibilities:
- Work with course facilitator and department chair to teach and assess on course objectives using approved learning resources.
- Provide instruction and assessment on PHP constructs, syntax, methods and functions.
- Provide instruction and assessment in PHP operators, loops, objects and arrays.
- Provide instruction and assessment on concepts of PHP frameworks.
- Provide instruction and assessment on relational database theory, MySQL relational database management system, and Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Provide instruction and assessment on JSON tools, designing JSON objects, and using JSON for handling data.
- Meet departmental and JCCC adjunct requirements and deadlines such as syllabi submission, attendance and grade rosters.
- Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in web design, web development, computer programming or related field.
- At least two years of discipline-related work experience using PHP and PHP Frameworks (non-teaching); and
- Discipline-related course work at a level above the course desired to teach.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Programming skills.
- Master's degree in related field.
- Teaching experience.
- Experience creating training or instructional materials.
Click here for a summary of our benefit information. For a summary of our adjunct faculty compensation, click here.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Competitive rate of pay. Eligible for JCCC tuition reimbursement plan, voluntary tax sheltered annuity, use of Lifetime Fitness Center, JCCC Hiersteiner Child Center, and Staff Development.
For full consideration apply before
Hours per Week
Schedule will vary and may include nights and weekends.
REQUIRED: Application, Cover Letter (If interested in other courses, please also include which courses you can teach and teaching availability.), Resume or Curriculum Vitae, and Unofficial Transcripts. If employed, certified transcripts for all college level education will be required. Provide required documents when completing the application. - If selected to be interviewed for this position, the candidate will be asked to present an on-campus mock lesson on a topic to be determined.