The University of Kentucky HealthCare Enterprise is seeking a Corporate Accountant. The Corporate Accountant is responsible for accounting activities at the corporate level including financial reporting, accruals, reconciliations, statistics, cost reporting, and the close process. This position is the key point of contact for Finance on these tasks.
H4017: UKHC Controller
Alumni Park Plaza/ Sterlington Road, Lexington KY
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Sitting for extended periods of time while performing repetitive motions (such as typing); occasionally lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects up to 15 pounds.
Monday - Friday; 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated knowledge of and experience in finance, accounting (including GAAP), GASB/FASB, taxes, internal controls, and reimbursement in an integrated healthcare environment; strong communication and interpersonal skills; strong problem solving, project management, and organizational skills; strong attention to detail and analytical skills; understanding of effective internal controls; and the ability to work well with others.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Bachelor's degree from a recognized college or university in Accounting, Finance, or business related field is preferred. CPA is preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently a CPA?
- * Describe your knowledge of GASB/FASB/GAAP regulations.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe your experience with financial statement preparation, account reconciliations, journal voucher transactions and month end close processes?
(Open Ended Question)
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter