Agriculture Business Professor
Agriculture Business Professor
Closing Date/Time: 6/23/2017
Salary: $51,912.00 - $106,386.00 annually
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Stockton, CA
Department: Agriculture Science & Math
Under the general supervision of the Division Dean of Agriculture, Science and Mathematics, the Associate Professor/Professor of Agriculture Business teaches organized classes primarily in the Agriculture Business discipline; the primary responsibility is to teach 15 units (per term) in the assigned discipline.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Instruct courses in Agriculture Business in accordance with credit course outlines approved by the Board of Trustees.
- Maintain expertise in current teaching methods, discipline knowledge, and discipline specific technologies.
- Assist students in achieving stated course objectives. Evaluate the progress of each student and notify students in need of counseling services and/or tutorial assistance. Track student learning outcomes and maintain records of student learning outcomes.
- Participate in the departmental process of curriculum review, modification, and the assessment of student learning outcomes in order to make the program successful.
- Support the Division Dean in cooperating with campus and community groups to provide programs, courses, and information relevant to the needs of the students and various programs.
- Coordinate with other faculty in the selection of textbooks, audiovisual and other instructional materials.
- Complete various reporting procedures as required for student evaluation, course reporting, equipment and supply purchases and tracking, and budget development.
- Assist the Division Dean in the preparation of required reports by providing requested information.
- Attend various departmental, divisional and campus-wide activities and events as required.
- Plan and complete approved professional development flex activities each semester.
- Participate in local statewide meetings related to Agriculture.
- Support, utilize, and integrate the college farm and land labs into courses taught in the agriculture department.
- Promote and recruit Agriculture students from the community high school programs.
- Support, fundraise and participate in the Delta College Horticulture, Agriculture, and Natural Resources Foundations.
- Serve as the advisor for the Agriculture Ambassadors Program.
- Participate in Collegiate Agriculture Leaders Conference and coach students to participate in Collegiate Agriculture Leaders competitions.
- Perform other necessary duties as assigned by the Division Dean and as outlined in Board Policy.
- Bachelor's degree in Agriculture Business OR Agriculture Economics and two years of related experience.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Experience in teaching postsecondary courses in Agriculture Business.
- Master's degree in Agriculture Business or Agriculture Economics.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching strategies and techniques to different levels of students' ability and learning styles.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching strategies and techniques to students from different cultures and ethnic groups.
- Demonstrated ability to use innovative and creative teaching techniques and equipment, including the use of multimedia hardware and software and on-line instructional techniques.
- Demonstrated leadership in developing curriculum for discipline specific courses and/or programs.
- Demonstrated leadership, ability, and desire to stay current in the field.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to work with business and industry in order to coordinate the educational program with the needs of the community.
- Interest in or knowledge of teaching online and other distance education courses.
- Interest in or knowledge of teaching courses in a large lecture setting.
- Maintain Active membership in the California Agriculture Teachers Association.
To apply, visit http://agency.governmentjobs.com/deltacollege/
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The District’s prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.