Information Technology Consultant (Foundation Skill Level)/ Information Technology Services
Employment Status: Full-time, "non-exempt" temporary position with the possibility of converting to permanent.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., some evening and weekend hours may be required as needed.
First Review Deadline: This position will remain open until filled.
Under direct supervision, the employee will assist level 2 technicians in performing basic desktop support of campus end-user computers, including both hardware and software issues using hands-on diagnostic and repair techniques.
The incumbent will perform the following job duties:
- Assist with virus/spyware/malware/adware removal, anti-virus software installation, and other software and hardware installations and configurations.
- Assist with Tier 1 telephone and email technical support for campus end-users including faculty, students, and staff.
- Assist users with access to MyCoyote, Blackboard, Exchange and other campus resources.
- Log all calls into the campus ticketing system for escalation and documentation. Remote computer assistance is occasionally performed whereby the end-users will authorize the Technology Support Center Staff to log into their remote computer to perform diagnostics and help resolve issues.
- Assist with walk-in end-users who need help with activating their CoyoteID, and with issues relating to software, hardware, the campus wired and wireless networks, and with access to campus resources such as MyCoyote, Blackboard, and Exchange.
- Receive and log faculty tests, SOTEs, and student computers that need to be repaired.
- Work cooperatively with the Technology Support Center and the Enterprise Applications group to learn, expand, and promote the proper use of Information Technology systems on campus.
- Assist in the creation and editing of documentation, user guides, and materials for other support technicians and end-users.
- Perform all other related job duties as assigned.
- Equivalent of a Bachelor's degree in Information Management, Computer Science or a related field
- Demonstrated ability in managing time and priorities
- Customer-centric approach to service delivery
- High level of digital fluency
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- KNowledge of developing processes to test, evaluate, and recommend use of computing technologies
- Must have knowledge in the configuration and installation of hardware and software systems.
- Applicant must have experience in both Mac & Windows operating systems.
- Applicant must have experience in using Microsoft Office software (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Equivalent to one year of related experience.
- Proficiency in hardware and software technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to details and to meet deadlines and milestones.
- Patience and well developed interpersonal relations skills.
Previous professional experience working in a higher education environment is highly desired.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)