Administrative Support Assistant II/Information Technology Services & CIO - Vice President's Office
Employment Status: Full-time temporary, "non-exempt" position.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
First Review Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning May 9, 2017 .
Current employees will be given preferred consideration.
Under general supervision, the Administrative Support Assistant II will provide clerical and administrative support to the office of the Vice President for Information Technology Services and CIO. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Office and phone coverage, maintaining the calendar of the Vice President/CIO, preparing minutes and agendas for various meetings.
- Process department reimbursements, prepare and maintain paperwork for purchase orders, Procurement Card purchases and order supplies for the office of the Vice President and maintain inventory.
- Serve as the timekeeper which will include the duties of payroll certification, working with the Absence Management system and processing student payroll.
- Provide administrative support to the Web Services staff which includes but is not limited to student and staff payroll, procurement and travel arrangements and reimbursements.
- Provide direct support to the confidential aide in scheduling meetings, maintaining calendars and taking and editing meeting minutes.
- Work closely with the confidential aide and ITS leadership team on a daily basis and will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Applicant must possess the equivalent of two years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outloook.
- Applicants must possess working knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn University infrastructure, policies and procedures.
- Applicants must have well developed oral and written communication skills, editing skills and computer skills.
- Applicants must have strong organizational skills, along with the ability to follow directions, take initiative, be flexible, have the ability to multi-task and independently make decisions on a day-to-day basis.
- Applicants must have demonstrated the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of procurement procedures and familiarity with PeopleSoft is preferred.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)