Classroom& Instructional Technologist (ITS, Career Level)/Academic Technologies & Innovation
Employment Status: Full-time, "exempt" temporary position.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., with occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning May 12, 2017.
CSU San Bernardino seeks a dynamic, energetic and self-motivated individual to provide assistance in classroom and instructional technology. Under the general supervision of assistant director of Academic Technologies & Innovation, this position will provide technology support for classroom, instructional needs for the campus. The incumbent will be part of a team that supports the teaching and learning activities with technology services and solutions.
The primary job duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide phone and in-person support for classroom technology assistance requests.
- Install, maintain, and trouble-shoot classroom technologies.
- Assist with AV and technology needs for events setup.
- Provide assistance to ATI technologists and instructional designers with projects.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on classroom and instructional technologies.
- Other relatedduties as assigned.
- Equivalent of a Bachelor's degree in engineering, media, or a related field.
- Equivalent of two (2) years of relevant experience.
- Experience in both Mac & Windows operating systems.
- Experience in using presentation software tools (i.e., Powerpoint and Keynote).
- Experience in developing processes to test, evaluate, and recommend use of classroom and instructional technologies.
Abilities and Skills
- Effectively manage time and priorities.
- Customer-centric approach to service delivery.
- High level of digital fluency.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of multi-media hardware used in an instructional setting: data projectors, AV control systems, DVD/VCRs, document cameras, student response systems, and audio amplification systems.
- Knowledge in the configuration and installation of multi-media systems in the classroom.
- Proficiency in multimedia tools, social media, and mobile technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to details and to meet deadlines and milestones.
- Patience and well developed interpersonal relations skills.
- Previous professional experience working in a higher education environment is highly desired.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)