Conference Set-Up Supervisor
Conference Set-Up Supervisor
Posting Number: 20171331S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 507-Inn at Villanova University
Become a part of the team at the newly renovated, re-branded, 4-diamond style Inn at Villanova University!
The Conference Set-Up Supervisor position is vital to the success of everyday operations at The Inn at Villanova University. The Conference Set-Up Supervisor is responsible for overseeing proper setup of conference rooms and event space. This position will also provide audio visual assistance and support throughout the building, as well as during events as requested or as needed. It is important that the Conference Set-Up Supervisor be familiar with the building, its equipment, policies, programs, and services and the day-to-day schedule of events. The Conference Set-Up Supervisor will be a shift supervisor and work with the Housepersons to ensure that room setups are completed per BEO and Inn standards. They will ensure that conference rooms are always “show-ready” and public spaces are clean and well maintained.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and interpret room diagrams with respect to furniture and A/V setups. Set up and change room arrangements, including tables, chairs, and stages in accordance with the schedule of events for The Inn at Villanova University. Setup equipment for meetings and various functions around the building.
- Ensure setup and storage of furniture and A/V equipment is completed for all events. Make sure storage closets are kept neat and orderly. Troubleshoot equipment when there are technical questions or problems related to equipment and identify appropriate solutions. Serve as on-sight support for events that take place at The Inn at Villanova University. Provide basic instruction on the operation of A/V equipment to guests as necessary.
- Oversee Houspersons as shift supervisor and ensure that they have completed their shift responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Inspect rooms for damage, cleanliness, and document issues to be addressed. Give documentation to supervisor.
- Clean and maintain equipment, report damages to the Technical Services Manager.
- Assist in scheduled inventory of equipment.
- Inventory classroom supplies and cleaning products for ordering.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions.
- Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Conference Set-Up Supervisor must be able to operate, transport, assemble, maintain and repair A/V equipment used at The Inn at Villanova University.
- Minimum of 2-4 years office experience, preferably in a conference center or hotel.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal, listening and writing) Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities in deadline sensitive environment Highly detail oriented. Strong time management. Able to prioritize, organize, be flexible, meet deadlines, work independently, and be a team player. Able to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner. Excellent customer service skills with ability to deal with complex customer requests. Positive outlook and attitude Innovative, pro-active and reliable.
- Must be familiar with computers and Microsoft programs, Projectors, LCD panels, Crestron, Shure Microphones, Mackie Mixers, Speakers, Polycoms, Clear One, Vaddio, etc.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Conference Set-Up Supervisor must be able to work when business dictates, especially nights and weekends. Physical requirements include the ability to work long hours, heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Possess the ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach with your body and arms. Possess good hearing and eyesight. Ability to stand for long periods of time without sitting or leaning.
Special Message to Applicants
Posting Date: 04/12/2017
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Commensurate with Experience
Salary Band: G
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/11022
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.