Director of Network Services
Ferrum College is accepting applications for the Director of Network Services. The Director will support the development of designs, develop and implement network, network security technologies, and controls for the College’s network environment and business applications. Will support, design, and implement networking architectural standards for all data networks plus provide leadership in implementing new technologies and projects. The Director will provide a migration strategy towards future development implementations. Will maintain, troubleshoot, and repair data networks. This position will perform, direct, and coordinate network installations with vendors and College technicians. In addition, this position also requires the maintenance, management and policy development of network security, including NAC and firewall devices.
- Possess a high level of knowledge of data networking technology including architectures, topologies, protocols, interfaces, associated software, and a wide variety of vendor offerings.
- Have a good working knowledge of Ethernet, supporting media types, and network devices.
- Demonstrate ability to diagnose and resolve communications problems related to network operations.
- Knowledge and direct experience with paloalto firewalls, Cisco WLC, Juniper JunOS, DHCP, and DNS.
- Be well versed in industry standards and network design and security principles.
- Possess a broad understanding of available technology solutions, as well as, appropriate specific vendor offerings.
- Technical experience on next-gen firewall, NAC, IDS/IPS, in production environments.
- Prefer bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, industrial technology, telecommunications or related field. Equivalent data communications experience and education may substitute.
- Work experience with and Exinda Network Orchestrator, Impulse SafeConnect, and PaloAlto, PAN OS.
- Extensive and progressive work experience and responsibility in designing, modifying, installing, testing, troubleshooting and repairing data communications lines and equipment.
- Knowledge of VoIP design and implementation.
- Juniper JNCIP-ENT, Cisco CCNA Wireless, or higher certification desired.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter of interest and resume with names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references to: email@example.com or Human Resources Department, Ferrum College, P.O. Box 1000, Ferrum, VA 24088. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Background check required.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.