Research Analyst (Full-time)
Founded in 1958, Quincy College is a two-year, municipally affiliated college serving approximately 4,000 students at campuses located in Quincy and Plymouth, Massachusetts.
Quincy College Mission Statement
Quincy College is an open-access institution that encourages academic achievement and excellence, diversity, economic opportunity, community involvement, and lifelong learning. The College facilitates valuable learning relationships that inspire students to realize their educational and professional futures.
We are committed to the following values: student learning and achievement; excellence in teaching; mutual respect, responsibility, and collaboration; individual and institutional integrity; and diversity of people and perspectives.
The College recognizes that our success is measured by the long-term satisfaction and achievement of our students, and the positive partnerships we develop. Our most valuable resources to achieving our mission are our faculty, administration and support staff. Each individual employee's performance contributes to our ability to successfully achieve and excel in all aspects of our mission and values.
The Research Analyst in Institutional Research & Assessment at Quincy College is responsible for developing, preparing, analyzing, and presenting both quantitative and qualitative institutional data to a variety of college stakeholders. The Research Analyst will have demonstrated experience in collecting and using data to support institutional decision-making. The Research Analyst will be a member of the growing Institutional Research & Assessment Office at Quincy College and will be proactive in encouraging and fostering a culture of data-driven decision-making, planning, and assessment across the College.
- Work with office to develop and support data collection efforts in survey administration, focus group facilitation, analysis, and reporting;
- Researching, gathering data, and summarizing findings for a broad range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Work as a member of Institutional Research & Assessment to collaborate with faculty, staff, administration, and students to improve assessment efforts;
- Assist in the development and implementation of college-wide data quality efforts, including data clean up and maintenance procedures;
- Help to support and manage projects in all phases of the data analysis pipeline, including querying databases, conducting statistical analyses, and producing data visualization;
- Help to support student course evaluation data and collection efforts;
- Responding to both internal and external data reporting and requests;
- Participating in mandatory training/coursework:
- Title IX and Sexual Misconduct
- Non-discrimination and Sexual Harassment
- Municipal Ethics
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Potential to train and oversee part-time student worker(s).
Educational Criteria: Bachelor's Degree in the social sciences, education, mathematics, or a related field. Master's degree preferred.
Qualifications: A minimum of 1-2 years' experience in social research, institutional research, or higher education, as well demonstrated experience in social science data analysis required. The following qualifications are highly recommend:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to work independently and proactively;
- Excellent organization skills, including project management and prioritization;
- Demonstrated expertise in analytical and critical thinking;
- Mastery of MS Office suite, specifically Microsoft Excel;
- Proficient in statistical software, including SPSS, R, or SAS;
- Ability to work as part of a team and work cooperatively with an array of College stakeholders.
Quincy College is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy. Quincy College is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Massachusetts State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action.
Please submit the following documents online:
- Cover Letter