Multi-Unit Manager - 501497
Multi-Unit Manager - 501497
The Multi-Unit Manager manages the daily operations of one or more retail outlets. The Multi-Unit Manager controls inventory, supervises personnel, plans stock placement and visual merchandising, oversees public relations, special promotions, and seasonal sales. Additionally, the Multi-Unit Manager is a manager for University Concessions.
- Manages and oversees all facets of the daily operations of one or more retail outlets, ensuring compliance with university, state, and federal policies and regulations.
- Plans and coordinates merchandising, sales, and promotions of inventory. In conjunction with marketing director, prepares promotional announcements and other publications; performs and/or coordinates various public relations activities.
- Provides customer service, rings sales, stocks shelves.
- Participates in the development of operating goals and objectives for the unit; recommends, implements, and administers methods and procedures to enhance operations, as appropriate to the unit. May plan and develop strategies for generating resources and/or revenues for the department.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Manages and controls inventory: places orders, receives stock; checks invoices, maintains quality control, takes periodic physical inventories.
- Develops and implements systems and processes, using operation-specific computer programs, to establish and maintain records for the operating unit.
- Maintains sales and inventory records; performs seasonal forecasting by reviewing prior year sales history; prepares and presents periodic and scheduled performance reports.
- Supervises the processing of routine returns, as appropriate; coordinates the return and replacement of defective merchandise.
- Supervises personnel, including work allocation, training, promotion and enforcement of internal procedures and controls, and problem resolution.
- Motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions;
- Acts as a manager for University concessions, as needed. Supervises food preparation, customer service, personnel, point-of-sale accounting and cash handling, sanitation, and safety management to ensure compliance with established policies.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- This position requires the ability to repeatedly lift 50 pounds.
- Extensive bending and standing, and walking between operations.
- Routine exposure to working in cold conditions in walk-in refrigerators and freezers.
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, solve problems, and adapt to changing situations and needs.
- Ability to supervise, manage, and train employees. Ability to foster a cooperative work environment, employee development, and performance management skills.
- General knowledge of retail management principles and practices.
- Skilled in budget management and inventory control.
- Ability to gather data, prepare reports, and maintain documents and records. Skilled in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- High degree of computer literacy, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment. Ability to learn new programs.
- General knowledge of current technological developments and trends in area of expertise.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations for retail operations, including accepted cash handling procedures and PCI compliance.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate or bachelor degree in foodservice management, culinary, hospitality management, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years' supervisory experience in a foodservice field. Retail foodservice or convenience/grocery experience in a collegiate setting is preferred.
- Minimum of two years' experience with menu management software and point-of-sale software.
- Safe food handler certification preferred, or certification obtained within one year of hire.
- Full-time, exempt position
- Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.; 8 hrs./day; 40 hrs./week
- Required to work nights, weekends, and special events, or as needed
- This position is designated as essential personnel and is required to work during inclement weather and emergency situations.
Pay Grade 6
To see more detailed salary information please review the University of Richmond's Compensation Structure.
Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. Richmond offers a unique combination of undergraduate and graduate programs. Our School of Arts & Sciences anchors Richmond as a nationally ranked liberal arts university. A ranked business school, the nation's first school of leadership studies, a highly respected law school, a nationally recognized international education program and the community-focused School of Professional and Continuing Studies build on that strong foundation and make this university something unique.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE