Mid-Level Provider - Student Health Center
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide comprehensive health care, including outpatient medical care and urgent care, to undergraduate, graduate, and international students at Azusa Pacific University
- Possession of a valid California license as a Nurse Practitioner
- Current National Certification as a Nurse Practitioner
- Furnishing License
- Basic Cardiac Life Support certification
- Two years of experience in clinical medicine preferred
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Provides primary care to ambulatory patients, obtains extensive health histories including physical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and environmental aspects
- Performs comprehensive physicals such as nursing, athletic, employment, athletic training, travel, and study abroad
- Performs women's health exams including Pap Smears
- Performs minor surgical procedures
- Proficient in making medical diagnosis and treatment plans
- Orders and interprets diagnostic lab test, x-rays, and imaging
- Furnishes prescriptive medications
- Assists in maintaining Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant protocols in coordination with physician and other mid-level providers
- Participates in weekly Health Center staff meetings
- Assists in strategic planning and assessment of Learning Outcomes for the Student Health Center
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by physician and SHC Administrative Director
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.