Program Coordinator - Department of Social Work
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The program coordinator manages the functions of the BSW Program with six full-time faculty, adjunct faculty and student employees. Serves as the confidential assistant to the program director and is the first point of contact for the program.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Three to five years administrative or program management experience in a business or educational setting.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Responsible for maintaining professional office atmosphere, respond to program inquiries, attend recruitment events, provide ongoing student services, and coordinate with other departments on campus.
- Act as confidential assistant to the program director.
- Coordinate faculty calendar, and meetings.
- Attend meetings; prepare and distribute minutes.
- Assist with special projects.
- Coordinate the student admissions recruitment and advisement process, provide course and transfer information to prospective students.
- Coordinate with admissions committee to review and process applicants, and manage up-to-date files.
- Manage and communicate student program changes and necessary forms with the registrar and admissions offices.
- Provide reporting to registrar regarding new majors admitted to the program.
- Coordinate course scheduling and communication with registrar's office.
- Support the coordinator of field education; communicate with field supervisors related to the application process and training sessions.
- Maintain the data and accuracy of all student files including intern files.
- Coordinate hiring, training and management of assignments for the student workers.
- Supervise student workers tasks to provide excellent support to the department.
- Coordinate process for ordering course textbooks, materials, and desk copies.
- In coordination with the Program Director, manage department budget, record keeping, reimbursement requests and expense justification
- Manage and organize academic advising schedule, and for students and faculty.
- Manage program evaluation and assessment process (exit survey, TaskStream, etc.).
- Provide administrative support to faculty, including liaison support to BSW student organizations and events.
- Coordinate, facilitate and implement department events, including, but not limited to, field supervisor trainings, graduation reception and senior banquet.
- Coordinate, in conjunction with the program director, updates of the student handbook, field manual and advising notebook.
- Maintain BSW social media and bulletin boards with up-to-date and relevant materials.
- Manage day-to-day office operations, including ordering and maintaining office supplies, coordinating duplicating requests, maintaining department files.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as required by the supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.