Communications Project Manager
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2017, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.?
Communications Project Manager
Office of Strategic Communications & Positioning - 4007010610
Strategic Communications & Positioning
Cover Letter, Resume
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Strategic Communications and Positioning, the Communications Project Manager provides leadership and management of projects within the Offices of Strategic Communications and Positioning, Public Relations and Digital Communications, in support of Georgia Gwinnett College's established priorities.
- Maintain and provide support on existing technology solutions, which automate and enhance office workflow.
- Provide high-level project management to the department and college campus by triaging incoming daily requests. Review and assign tickets based on type of request, consult with managers on evaluating and prioritizing work, and initiate appropriate workflow after evaluation. Monitor tickets and projects through the technology solution, with the goal of successful project completion and reporting. Inform decision making at request intake through collection of data, to evaluate the alignment of tasks and projects. Position projects to meet departmental organizational goals and the College's strategic plan.
- Provide project performance and quarterly metrics reports to key stakeholders, including but not limited to the Vice President. Analyze reports to forecast division progress towards strategic priorities.
- Enhance department reputation among campus constituencies by exploring opportunities for cross departmental projects, resulting in resource efficiencies and increased collaboration.
- Manage project budgets in coordination with budget managers, both in Strategic Communications and Positioning and in other departments.
- Follow proper project management best practices on a daily basis as learned in PMI's A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide). Maintain skills in project management and operational workflow on an annual basis through professional development and training courses.
- Provide leadership on the creation of standardized processes and technology solutions at the institutional level to drive efficiency and enhance customer service.
- Serve as an advisor to the Vice President and contribute to the division leadership team.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Liberal Arts or related discipline
- 4-6 years of project management, creative services management, budget management, project tracking or related experience
- Familiarity with project management software
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Strong knowledge of print and web production
- Familiarity with the aspects of creative development for print, digital and content development (including copy and photography)
- Project Management certification and/or credential
- Knowledge of PMI principles for project management
?Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to excel in a high-volume work environment while balancing competing priorities and meeting established deadlines
- Ability to make informed decisions aligned with organizational objectives and priorities while negotiating a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Skilled diplomat, effective negotiator and team leader with a proven record of working effectively with internal and external constituencies, as this role serves as a central liaison between office professionals, internal clients and external vendors
- Proven ability to establish ownership and drive assigned initiatives through to completion on time; meeting or exceeding expectations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior customer service orientation
- Highly motivated, detailed and organized
- Proactive and self-starter
- Avid learner and innovative thinker
Physical, Environmental and Travel Demands
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends).