Regional Admissions Advisor
Working Title Regional Admissions Advisor
We are currently seeking skilled and team-oriented applicants for the following position: Regional Admissions Advisor
Responsible for recruitment of prospective student for Eastern Washington University through territory travel, prospective student communication, admissions presentations, and file review. Reports to the Associate Director of Admissions. Territory consists of yet not limited to Yakima, Chelan, Kittitas, Klickitat, and Douglas Counties.
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
Dedicated space for Regional office within one's home
Ability to be flexible regarding travel and working non-traditional hours, including weekends, when necessary including travel within territory, away from Regional office
Position works from a home office; EWU will provide university laptop, internet connection, and other office equipment needed for performance of job duties.
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university fund or other items of value, as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 18. Successful applicant will be required to pass a background check.
This position is part of the PSE bargaining unit.
Optional: Contact Saundra Godin in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis which will describe conditions of employment, such as physical demands.
Position requires some physical work, lifting boxes and set up of booth displaysRequired Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Ability to participate in evening and weekend events
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures regarding transfer admission and records management
- Advanced computer skills to include: Microsoft Office Suite and SCT Banner (or equivalent); proficient user of laptop computer, projector, and cell phone;
- Bilingual Ability required -Spanish preferred
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency and/or diversity.
- Master's degree in Communications, Higher Education or related major;
*Knowledge and understanding of Eastern Washington University;
- Previous work experience in admissions, recruitment or student advising;
- Demonstrated ability to manage programs from planning through implementation to completion;
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, pay attention to detail and produce desired results
- Ability to communicate in a clear, friendly and effective manner both orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and as a member of an integrated team;
- Capacity to effectively address diverse constituencies