Technical Director (Theatre)
The Department of Theatre at Albion College invites applications for a full-time Technical Director with an aptitude for scenic design for our undergraduate BA Theatre program. The position begins in August of 2017. Opportunities for design are available as desired. This is an opportunity to be an integral, creative faculty member of a rapidly growing department.
- Engineering and construction of 4 productions per academic year
Leading student construction teams and run crews
- Teaching classes in Stagecraft, Introduction to Theatre, and Introductory Scenic, Lighting, and Sound Design, or other areas of expertise
DEPARTMENT: Albion's Department of Theatre equally emphasizes a rigorous classroom environment and an ambitious production season dedicated to professional values. The department offers a BA in Theatre, with specializations available in Acting/Directing, Design/Technology, or General Studies, in addition to a Minor. The production season includes 4 main-stage productions per academic year in a traditional 200-seat proscenium theatre as well as a flexible 2-story black box theatre. See www.albion.edu/theatre for more information about our department. School year and position duration runs late August to early May. Competitive salary and benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters in Fine Arts in Design or Scenic Technology preferred
- Significant professional theatre/performance experience preferred
- Ability to mentor young technicians and designers
- Ability to collaborate with Theatre faculty on design, production, and curriculum development
Interested candidates should submit their curriculum vitae, photocopies of graduate and undergraduate transcripts, a statement of teaching philosophy, applicable portfolio/website information, and three letters of recommendation to http://apply.interfolio.com/41890.
Please direct questions to the Department Chair, Dr. Ian F. MacInnes (email@example.com). Review of applications will begin May 12, 2017, and will continue until the position is filled.