Senior Java Developer
The Senior Java Application Developer will guide and work alongside a team of developers responsible for the design, development and maintenance of web-based Java/J2EE/J2SE applications providing expertise in ALL phases of the SDLC (software development lifecycle) from concept and design to testing. He/She will analyze, design and build component-based applications in a Web/Internet delivery environment, including application layer, design pattern / modeling techniques, component and object-oriented design, complex algorithmic coding, and systematic approaches to application integration.
- Provide technical leadership on complex application development efforts.
- Evaluate cost, effort, and duration required and accurately estimate the required development tasks
- Translate user requirements into a well-defined software and system design
- Develop and maintain custom software applications in support of the business needs
- Debug and test (unit and functional) developed software to minimize the cost of errors
- Prepare diagrams and documentation to illustrate application functionality
- Develop and implement operating procedures in coordination with Operations, Infrastructure, and Security Departments
- Mentor junior developers and assist in architecting web content solutions
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or Professional Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent AND 6+ years of work experience as a software developer and/or designer
- 6 or more years of Java experience in application design, software development, maintenance and delivery with at least 4 years with application servers; e.g. J2EE Application Server; IBM Websphere, Tomcat, BEA Weblogic, Apache, JBOSS, or Resin.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with relational database systems (i.e. Oracle, DB2) and message brokers (i.e. MQ).
- Strong relational database experience (i.e. Oracle, DB2) and message brokers (i.e. MQ)
- Experience with open source frameworks (i.e. Spring, Hibernate)
- Experience with IDE (Integrated Development Environments), such as Eclipse or NetBeans
- Experience with versioning and revision control systems (i.e. Subversion)
- Experience designing N-tiered applications, with multi-tier architecture and production Internet architectures
- Expert experience developing and implementing highly complex technical solutions in a J2EE web environment
- Prior experience with SCRUM or other agile development methodologies
- Strong business acumen able to comfortably ask questions to gain clarity
- Ability to work independently on all tasks
FLEETCOR (NYSE: FLT) is a leading independent global provider of specialized payment products and services including fleet cards, food cards, corporate lodging discount cards and other specialized payment services for businesses throughout the world.
FLEETCOR is trusted by prominent businesses, large and small, around the world. FLEETCOR serves over 500,000 commercial accounts with millions of cardholders across the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Africa and Asia.
We have developed an extremely successful company based on our core principles; determination, drive, outstanding value, industry leading products, and quality people. As a result FLEETCOR has grown more than 40% over the last 10 years and is the world's largest provider of commercial fleet card programs. Through our organic growth initiatives, strategic acquisitions, and solid business acumen, that growth will continue. To maintain our top position in the industry, it is vital to continually attract extraordinary individuals - individuals who mirror our objectives and possess an entrepreneurial spirit.
Mon, 1 May 2017 20:19:00 PDT