Senior Network Engineer for Microsoft Gold Partner
PlanetMagpie's engineers perform IT network implementations, upgrades, migrations, maintenance, and support for small, mid-market, and enterprise businesses in the Bay Area and the U.S. Our consulting projects employ the latest Microsoft and network security technologies to provide our clients with the most reliable, business-grade solutions on the market. This is an onsite position, working either at PlanetMagpie's offices in Fremont or at Bay Area client sites. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated IT professional looking to work with some of the best Microsoft engineers in the Valley.
Typical projects for this consultant will include Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Windows, Lync Server, Skype for Business, and Office 365.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine project's technical requirements, create and execute project plans
- Recommend and be responsible for implementing network technologies including directory, messaging, database, systems management, security, and infrastructure
- Maintain networks including server updates, setting up/disabling accounts, building servers, repairing servers
- Configure and migrate clients to private cloud solutions in PlanetMagpie's datacenter or Office 365
- Assist sales team in identifying and closing project opportunities
- Local travel required; must have reliable transportation and a good driving record
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or a related field), or relevant associates degree / work experience
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer Certification (MCSE) in Windows 2008 or above or the experience necessary to achieve certification if time is allotted
- 8-15 years of technical experience with increasing responsibility
- MS System Center 2012, Active Directory, MS Exchange Server, MCSE, MOM, AD, SMS, Project Management, Exchange Server 2010/2013, Forefront, SQL Server, ISA, Cluster, DPM, Lync Server 2013,Skype for Business, and Unified Access Gateway
- Ability to assess a broad range of technologies including LAN/WAN, VPN, Directories, Messaging, IDP, and Overall Network and Systems Management
- Microsoft Exchange and Office 365 implementation and migration experience required
- Network hardware and firewall experience required
- Desktop support for macs and PCs
- Security capabilities and certifications a plus
- Cross platform skills preferred
- Excellent organizational and project management skills required
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
Transportation & Physical Requirements
- Medium work-Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must have a reliable automobile for travel to customer sites
Work at PlanetMagpie!
We don't just hire IT specialists. We look for people who are hard wired to do things the right way. Who like to play around with their home network or test beta software in their free time. Who are motivated by sports quotes from Vince Lombardi!
Being part of the PlanetMagpie team means you are always working with the latest technologies, in new environments, keeping your skills up to date, and achieving certifications that will prove your expertise. In return, you will get the respect and support you deserve as a valuable member of our team.
PlanetMagpie provides a full range of technical services including IT consulting, IT support, web/application development, and cloud services for small, mid-market and enterprise businesses across the United States. With offices in the San Francisco Bay Area and an office opening soon in Dallas/Fort Worth, our dedicated staff works with customers of all sizes to deploy and support enterprise-grade IT solutions that improve collaboration, efficiency and security. PlanetMagpie is a Microsoft Gold Partner and has certifications in over 10 Microsoft solutions.
We are not a body shop. Our developers and engineers grow professionally and personally in a fast-paced, challenging environment. Like drinking from a hose, there's an endless amount of technical information to absorb, process and use. If you love learning and working with the latest technologies, this is the place.
As a team member, you'll have the latest office collaboration tools to work with, including Skype for Business and SharePoint. These solutions help us work efficiently and seamlessly with each other, whether we are at the office, at a client site, or on the road.
The company is named after our co-founder Magpie, a black Labrador Retriever. A reflection of Magpie's own personality, PlanetMagpie is a place where loyalty, collegiality, hard work, and thinking outside the box are all highly valued. If you are customer-centric and growth-focused, you will excel here.
PlanetMagpie owns its headquarters at the Fremont Tech Center in Fremont's Innovation District. Employees (and their dogs) enjoy a modern, light and airy workspace with ample parking right off of Highway 880 (at Warren Avenue). Coming in on BART? The new Warm Springs BART extension to Fremont will open in 2016. From there, you are less than 3 miles from the office.
PlanetMagpie offers its employees a highly competitive salary/benefits package, and the opportunity to learn and grow with us. Benefits include 401K, medical/dental/vision insurance, long- and short-term disability insurance, discretionary bonuses, and paid technical certifications and training.
Mon, 1 May 2017 09:43:07 PDT