Storage Area Network Administrator
Responsible for all activities related to managing the enterprise SAN/Storage/Backup Architecture. This is achieved by implementing and maintaining storage frames, SAN switches and backup appliances or devices across the organization. Participates with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all storage and backup hardware and software, with an emphasis on performance and stability. This individual will also analyze and resolve storage and backup hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide technical training where required.
- Maintain configuration of various storage/SAN and backup components, including: IBM XIV, Netapp, netbackup, DataDomain. Performs essential job functions in various environments under various climate control tolerances.
- Design, Installation, Configuration and deployment
- Technical troubleshooting on complex issues requiring rapid resolution
- Best practice performance and reliability configuration
- Analyze performance issues reported in application, troubleshoot the issues and address root cause
- Proactive performance optimization and tuning
- Establish and apply best practices, to ensure successful implementation of solution designs through collaborative project team communication, planning documentation, system testing, and defect resolution. Requires use of a personal computer.
- Assist with the evaluation and implementation of new technology initiatives
- Respond to data center alerts related to Storage/SAN/Backup and provide level 2/3 support
- Applying or coordinating storage/san/backup patches
- Perform as-is and to-be architecture analysis and develop physical and logical deployment models for the storage/SAN environment
- This position will include assisting in the evaluation and implementation of new technology initiatives, especially those relating to HW refresh, datacenter migrations and technology roadmap
Knowledge - Proven experience in designing, developing, and implementing software systems, applications, and related products in an enterprise class environment. Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general systems management best practices. Enterprise experience with core storage/SAN/Backup systems, including IBM XIV, Cisco SAN switches, NetApp, Datadomain, netbackups. Excellent troubleshooting experience. Strong IBM XIV Storage System logical architecture and concepts knowledge. Strong IBM XIV Gen2/Gen3 Storage System experience. XIV GUI and XCLI knowledge, including XCLI API/scripting experience. Experience with non-IBM Storage pools/Volumes/LUN allocation, thin provisioning, migration and replication experience. Excellent understanding of the organization's goals and objectives. Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws. Good project management skills. Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language. Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail. Able to prioritize and execute tasks. Strong customer service orientation. Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Knowledge ordinarily acquired through a Bachelors degree in computer science (or related degree) and 4 - 6 years of relevant work experience.
Millennium Search is a premier staffing and employment solutions provider. We specialize in placing qualified candidates in the following fields:
Millennium Search offers augmented staffing services and employment solutions for all companies with a reliable high-quality solution to enhance business development. While hiring smart is a key performance indicator for maintaining a competitive edge in today's business world, we offer a variety of ways to utilize our services which is as follows: Temporary Only Temporary to Permanent Permanent Placement/Direct Hire Our vision is to fulfill the promise with providing completely confidential, reliable, trustworthy expertise and information. Develop visibility to generate new business opportunities for our candidates with our clients, while leveraging existing relationships to expand into global and emerging markets. We are optimistic and encouraged with our vision to be a well rounded staffing and solutions provider, and we look forward to developing strong business relationships with our candidates and clients by remaining loyal and conducting business with a strong ethical emphasis.
Mon, 1 May 2017 16:29:28 PDT