Billng and Collections Manager
~~We are currently seeking a person to oversee all aspects of our newly centralized billing office. As the Billing and Collections Manager you will be responsible for managing people, processes, and technology in the pursuit of optimum revenue cycle functionality. You will also be responsible for department staff management, training and development. PREVIOUS ORTHOPEDIC EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
• Shepherd the entire revenue cycle and advise upper management in areas of best practices impacting the financial well being of the tax ID
• Solid understanding of ANSI formatting and the impact of ANSI on the claims process
• Working knowledge of electronic claim and payment file processing
• Understanding of ANSI formatting and the impact of ANSI on the claims process
• Manage practice management system settings and formatting at an administrative level
• Provide leadership, coaching, direction and administration of all aspects of billing and collection activities
• Track productivity and efficiency of staff and identify and correct root causes of concerns when they arise
• Take responsibility for pursuing patient complaints in a customer service oriented fashion. Documents concerns and seeks resolutions and corrects root causes.
• Conduct monthly audits on the entire claim process
• Implement electronic eligibility process
• Ensure accurate payment amounts from all commercial payer at all times based on negotiated contract and implement process to guarantee underpaid codes are paid.
• Take responsibility for education of all clinical staff (including physicians) on changes in payable codes with regard to Local Coverage Determinations
• Ensure all annual code changes (ICD, CPT, HCP) are updated in the practice
• Assist with HIPPA security and compliance requirements
• Ensure effectiveness of collection efforts and maintain insurance billing within established guidelines.
• Facilitate the preparation of various revenue cycle status reports for management. Analyze A/R performance to highlight trends and make recommendations for improvement.
• Develop, implement and maintain an annual Quality Assurance Program for accuracy and adherence.
Skills & Experience
~~• PREVIOUS ORTHOPEDIC EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Experience in managing the billing revenue cycle process with revenues >$5M preferred
• Working experience of at least 5 years in an automated accounts receivable Medical Office Practice in the area of billing and collection.
• Minimum of 3 plus years leading a billing/revenue cycle team of more than 5 people desired
• Strong analytical and computer skills required
• Ability to communicate accurately and concisely
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Highly process and detail oriented
• Ability to establish and monitor performance/productivity standards
• Ability to analyze financial and operating information to facilitate decision making
• Proficiency in medical billing software, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and creating and delivering presentations to senior leaders and executives highly preferred
• Third-party billing experience (MCR, MCD, PPO, WC, Humana). ICD-9 and CPT coding experience
• Certified biller preferred
Bachelor's Degree, preferred
Two locations-Margate and Ft. Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Mon, 1 May 2017 09:50:16 PDT