Working Title: Systems Analyst
Type of Employment: Staff
Department: Information and Technology Services
Division: Finance and Administration
Proposed Salary Range: $41,159.00
Position Summary: The Systems Analyst is responsible for coordinating the design and/or modification of computer system process activities. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
- Work independently, on a team, or in collaboration with others in the implementation and maintenance of enterprise servers and applications including Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, file shares, DNS, DHCP, Windows Servers, VMware virtual server infrastructure, etc.
- Administer VMware View VDI environment
- Administer and maintain Compellent Storage Area Network to provide an efficient and reliable storage infrastructure
- Develop strategies to integrate new technologies into current environment and evaluate current operating practices for process improvement
- Provides technical support, assistance, and information for administrators, analysts, programmers, operations, management and staff as required
- Monitors enterprise systems for performance, security, problems and miscellaneous issues. Makes changes and/or recommends changes as appropriate and as needed
- Maintains current knowledge of trends and advances in enterprise server administration
- Prepares and maintains documentation of job duties and change management
- Communicates status of systems, issues and resolutions to management, user community and others as needed
- Actively engage and communicate with other system administrators to build relationships that will allow for the sharing of knowledge and the arrangement of mutual out-of-office backup
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and perform preventative maintenance as needed.on enterprise systems
- Other duties as assigned
General Days/Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; Evening and weekend hours as necessary.
Other: The Systems Administrator works under the supervision of the Associate Director for Infrastructure Services.
Knowledge/Skills/Ability: Knowledge of computer system hardware and software.
Knowledge of computer user requirements.
Knowledge of system design procedures.
Ability to develop computer programs.
Ability to analyze and modify existing computer systems.
Ability to lead analyst team in the design and maintenance of computer system processes.
Ability to determine costs and resource requirements of projects.
Minimum Qualifications: The formal education equivalent of a bachelor's degree with a major in computer science, mathematics, or related field; plus four years of experience in computer programming or related area, including one year in systems analysis.
OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
Arkansas State University is a public, multi-campus higher education system with enrollment in excess of 22,000 students. Approximately 14,000 students attend the Jonesboro campus where the student body is diverse. The campus has a renewed focus on international student recruitment and capital campaign development. Jonesboro has a population of approximately 67,000 and is located 70 miles northwest of Memphis (www.jonesborochamber.org).
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Arkansas State University to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, status as a veteran or other status protected by law; and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program of affirmative action.