Visiting Director of Grassroots Fundraising for the Education Justice Project - Department of Educa
Visiting Director of Grassroots Fundraising for the Education Justice Project (EJP)
Department of Education Policy, Organization and Leadership
College of Education
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The College of Education's Department of Education Policy, Organization and Leadership seeks a Visiting Director of Grassroots for the Education Justice Project (EJP). The primary function of this position is to secure financial support for the unit by strengthening and expanding relationships with EJP's donors. This involves integrating fundraising with EJP's communications strategies. EJP offers university-level educational programs to men incarcerated at Danville Correctional Center, a medium-high security state prison about 35 miles east of the Urbana campus. This is a part-time (50%) 12-month, non-tenured academic professional position. The position may become permanent in the future.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Expand EJP's donor base and deepen relationships with EJP donors to ensure continued commitment.
- Interface and cultivate relationships with potential funders and donors.
- Take lead on creating and implementing EJP's annual fundraising plans.
- Solicit and seek new funding streams, including businesses, individual donors, and religious institutions.
- Communicate regularly with current and potential individual donors through concerted cultivation and stewardship efforts.
- Attend necessary workshop and trainings.
- Organize and maintain records related to grassroots fundraising efforts.
- Process timely acknowledgement of donations.
- Coordinate fundraising activities with EJP's Fundraising Committee.
- Build the fundraising skills within EJP generally through skill-shares and trainings.
- Supervise fundraising interns and volunteers involved in fundraising activities.
- Work collectively with staff and community members to ensure the health and sustainability of EJP.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
Education Required: Bachelor's degree
Experience Required: Project management experience, which includes having responsibility for planning, coordinating, implementing, and finalizing projects.
Experience Preferred: Proven success in implementing a grassroots fundraising campaigns; Experience managing a successful individual giving program; Ability to receive clearance to enter Danville Correctional Center.
Knowledge Required: Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team; Demonstrated passion for and commitment to social justice; Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously; Excellent written and oral communication skills; Demonstrated cultural competency with respect to race, ethnicity, and socio-economic status; Solid computing skills (Microsoft Office suite, database experience); Demonstrated high levels of judgment, tact, and discretion.
Knowledge Preferred: Knowledge of issues related to penal incarceration, criminal justice, reentry, impact of incarceration upon family members, and related topics.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start Date: As soon as possible after application closing date
Application Procedures: To apply, please complete a candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and submit a letter of application, resume, and the names and contact information for at least three references. The review of applications will begin immediately. The closing date for applications is June 5, 2017. However, no hiring decision will be made until after that date, and consideration will continue until a suitable candidate is identified for the position.
For more information about the position please contact EJP Operation Manager Jamie Hines email@example.com phone: 217-300-5150
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: College of Education
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Visiting Director of Grassroots Fundraising for the Education Justice Project - Department of Education Policy, Organization & Leadership (A1700267)
Open Date: 05/01/2017
Close Date: 06/05/2017
Organization Name: Educ Policy, Orgzn and Leadrshp