The development coordinator provides professional support to the executive director of development and to the staff of the development office for developing, implementing and maintaining various complex programs, projects or activities.
***In addition to uploading resume, the following documents are required for consideration. We are requesting that all documents be uploaded in one file (.PDF or Word) to the APPLICATION PACKET section of the application.***
- Cover Letter
- Values Statement (see below)
Please include a values statement (500 words or less) which highlights how your administrative philosophy and practices fit the Missions and Values of Saint Leo University. The University Ideal 2017, Mission Statement and Values are available on the Saint Leo website.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the executive director of development and to development officers.
- Prepare reports and presentations.
- Organize and maintain permanent department files.
- In conjunction with professional staff, assist in preparation of applications, grant proposals, including compilation of data.
- Work in conjunction with Advancement Services to update alumni and donor records in Raiser's Edge database.
- Handle development office reception, screen and route calls as appropriate.
- Order and maintain office supplies.
- Prepare reports, presentations, profiles, travel packets, gift transmittal forms, letters and mailings.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Coordinate development calendars, appointments, itineraries and expense reimbursements.
- Manage purchase requisitions, budget expenditure/balance reports.
- Take minutes at meetings, transcribe and distribute to attendees.
- Assist with logistics for meetings and development events.
- Submit and track work orders.
- Work with fellow support staff to meet the division's overall goals and needs.
- Assist development officer stewardship through preparation of select thank you notes and birthday cards.
- Other duties as assigned by the executive director of development.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated computer literacy to include usage of Microsoft Excel and Word, Raiser's Edge Database and knowledge of internet resources.
- Willingness to learn new systems (i.e. Raiser's Edge NXT) to support fundraising efforts.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to function both independently and as part of a team.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent and five years' experience in administrative assistant capacity or closely related field.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Job ID 2017-1261
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo