Junior Linux Systems Administrator
TechPro, Inc. is seeking a Junior Linux Systems Administrator to join our team! You will handle a variety of projects to support and improve the organization's network systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, maintain, and configure Unix/Linux environments on all servers including networking, clustering, storage, and applications
- Add, delete and change privileges for users in various applications as well as investigate and resolve user access issues.
- Collaborate with application development team to incorporate end user and development team feedback
- Maintain scripts used for reporting, monitoring and analysis.
- Monitor and respond appropriately to outages and alerts, escalating issues as needed.
- Diagnose, resolve and document incidents.
- Plan, implement and document technical change requests.
- Develop and maintain technical process and procedure documentation including contingency operations.
- Implement necessary updates and upgrades to meet security compliance and maintain application integrity.
- Research, document and implement new technology solutions.
- Ensure application availability by monitoring hardware and software capacity and function.
- Work extended hours as necessary to maintain existing or implement new technology with minimal customer impact.
- Handle other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems such as Debian or Ubuntu
- At least one year of relevant experience
- Knowledge of administration and troubleshooting of infrastructure applications, such as Apache, BIND, NTP, Sendmail/Postfix, Mysql.
- Knowledge of enterprise computer system components, such as Storage Area Network, LAN/WAN, server hardware and virtual technologies, such as VMware or KVM.
- Knowledge of technology features, such as file/share permissions, common Ports, DNS, and DHCP.
- Basic knowledge of relational and multidimensional database management systems
- Working knowledge of scripting products, such as Unix and Linux shell scripts, PHP, and Perl
- Knowledge of PowerDNS and MySQL Optimization a plus.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and data protocols
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
Please include your address on your resume.
TechPro, Inc. is a managed services company based out of St. Charles, Illinois. TechPro provides a multitude of services for clients in varied industries. TechPro is focused on maintaining consistent advances in the ever changing field of Information Technology. The ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is key to the success of our staff to meet the demands of this technically proficient and high demand industry. As a service provider to many customers, every day brings new challenges.
St. Charles, IL
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 08:00:20 PDT