Director of Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
Join Pluto TV, one of the hottest new entertainment technology startups in LA and help build and define the future of online television. Our mission is to entertain the planet and we are looking for rockstars to join our world-class team of executives, engineers, marketers, and content experts. Imagine a career where you and every one of your co-workers will have a profound impact on the company. If you're ready to be a part of our ever-expanding orbit, we'd love to hear from you.
The Director of Data Analytics and Business Intelligence will be responsible for instituting data collection, analytics, business intelligence, and measurement best-practices to support Pluto TV's rapid growth of its data-driven consumer internet TV service. We seek a candidate that will evangelize the importance of data driven decision making, identify and measure key analytics, and leverage key data drivers that will help optimize and advance our business (customers, advertisers, and revenue) - including metrics such as usage, retention, engagement, churn, etc.
The candidate we seek will be numbers driven, analytical, curious, and the type of person always looking for an intriguing metric to explore and a critical lever to drive the business - with their decisions supported by data and business analysis coupled with a strong desire to drive strategic growth and improvement into our service and business. This is a critical leadership role and requires an individual with strong strategic, execution, teamwork, technical and communication skills.
• Institute business intelligence best-practices for Pluto TV. Identify key user and business metrics, implement data mining and collection processes, and analytical assessments.
• Identify and leverage key analytics and KPI's to drive strategy and product development direction. Develop KPI's to better manage the operation and service.
• Oversee data science vendors and personnel providing key functions analytics and data science assessment and analysis
• Provide strong and dedicated leadership to team members by establishing strong collaborative, consensus building relationships with internal stakeholders including Product Engineering, Marketing, Legal, Business development, Content acquisition, and others.
• Bachelor's Degree Required - with strong industry experience in business intelligence, Product and business analytics, and strategic planning and analysis.
• Experience with critical technologies and concepts needed to support the analytics and data analysis efforts. Must have strong experience in cloud / web based services, SQL, R, Excel, and KPI's. Additional experience in areas like: Looker, Mode, AWS, Redshift, EMR and others
• Consumer internet and media services analytics and BI experience is required including collection, measurement, assessment, and optimization of data-driven metrics and KPI's such as consumer acquisition, sales and advertising performance, user engagement, retention, other analytics.
• Prior Manager or Director of Analytics / Business Intelligence (or similar) with experience implementing business intelligence best practices is required. Must have demonstrated success building teams, managing vendors, and evangelizing the importance of Data and KPI driven development
• Leadership and technical understanding data analysis / data science techniques, SQL databases, statistics, and statistical / excel analysis
• Strong executive presence, poise and professionalism interacting with senior level executives and working level colleagues and partners.
Los Angeles, CA
Mon, 1 May 2017 14:47:23 PDT