Field Service Engineer
- Responsible for installation, commissioning, troubleshooting, and repair of medium voltage electrical switchgear and associated components. Tasks range from working with a crane and rigging contractors to set large modular electrical enclosures (bolting assemblies together, re-wiring portions removed for shipping, and testing), to troubleshooting circuits, circuit breakers (electro-mechanical devices), and protection and control devices (microprocessor relays, PLCs, automatic voltage transfer schemes, and generator control schemes).
- Supervising, guiding and instructing Field Service Technician Assistants as well as planning and directing their activities.
- Promoting safety and product quality and ensuring it is maintained
Qualifications and Qualities
- Minimum 5 years experience in related field
- Electrical and mechanical aptitude; knowledgeable in mechanical, electrical and national standards.
- Good supervisory and customer relation skills.
- Read and understand technical literature and drawings.
- Use common hand tools and simple electrical test equipment.
- Ability to train technician assistants.
- Performs technical work with little to no supervision.
- Requires significant travel (75% or more).
Ability to lift 50 lbs, EOE
Mon, 1 May 2017 17:19:25 PDT