Clinical Research Coordinator
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Clinical Research Coordinator
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a comprehensive urban research university serving more than 28,000 students in metropolitan Denver and online. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado public institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer 119 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is well known for its distinctive and highly productive research programs, its world-class health facilities at the Anschutz Medical Campus and its well-established partnerships in business, industry and government. These campuses currently have over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at our Anschutz Medical Campus, a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver. Denver is one of America's most vibrant urban centers and the downtown campus, located just steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District, affords our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The Department of Otolaryngology is seeking a full-time Professional Research Assistant (working title of Clinical Research Coordinator, or CRC) responsible for guiding and assisting the Department's faculty in clinical research studies. The Coordinator must understand and navigate the complexities of a multifaceted academic medical center, multiple clinical trials at multiple hospitals, and PI-initiated studies in order to successfully perform a variety of clinical research responsibilities.
Working under the direction and guidance of the Clinical Research Supervisor, the Coordinator has responsibility for assisting faculty in developing new studies, performing study-related duties, and working with the finance team regarding proper hospital payments to assure proper funds flow. The Coordinator is also responsible for guiding faculty compliance with protocols, regulations, and departmental standard operating procedures.
Samples of Work Performed:
PI Initiated Studies
- Coordinates departmental process for Institutional Review Board (IRB) applications
- Assists faculty with development and writing of research protocols
- Writes informed consents/assents following IRB requirements
- Submits application and applicable documents (protocol, informed consent, etc.) to overseeing Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Conducts literature search and reviews
- Performs necessary ongoing maintenance and/or study close-out duties
- Performs effective, efficient, and regulatory-compliant clinical trials
- Performs study-related duties per the research protocol.
Data Management and Manuscript Preparation
- Create/maintain research databases in REDCap, Excel, and OnCore
- Track subject participation within study
- Assist with data analysis
- Assist PI's, fellows, and residents prepare abstracts, conference presentations, and manuscripts
- Submit manuscripts to medical journals
- Help revise manuscripts to address journal reviewers' comments and critiques if applicable
- Assures adherence to all research standards as set forth by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), The Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP), University of Colorado Hospital (UCH), Children's Hospital Colorado (CHCO), University of Colorado Denver (UCD), and other pertinent regulatory agencies
Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 1 year clinical research experience
- Experience with PI initiated studies
- Experience submitting to the Institutional Review Board
- Experience with data management
- Experience with statistical analysis
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Questions should be directed to Chris Brands at Chris.Brands@ucdenver.edu
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 09371
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by 5/12/17. Those who do not apply by 5/12/17 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20264 - SOM-Otolaryngology
Posting Date: May 1, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Chris Brands
Posting Contact Email: Chris.Brands@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00050213